NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Healthy Breakfast Recipe Using CerealI don’t know about you, but for my family variety is so important. Sure, the classics will always have a place but there’s just something so special about putting your own spin on something tried-and-true. I’m so excited to be partnering with Kellogg’s today to bring you this Blueberry White Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites recipe. These breakfast bites are Kellogg’s All-Bran Cereal, taken to the next level!
No Bake Energy BitesThese Blueberry White Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites are the perfect healthy solution for your busy lifestyle, and they feature Kellogg’s All-Bran Cereal, which has been a long time favourite of mine. I like to enjoy All-Bran with milk and sliced bananas, sprinkled over yogurt with fresh fruit, and I’ve even been known to top a casserole with All-Bran, for a delicious out-of-the-oven crispy crunch. But this easy energy balls recipe was definitely born in a “never-thought-of-that-before!” moment! Being a work-at-home mom of 2 preschoolers has me running in many different directions throughout the day, so I’m always in need of nutritious foods that are also quick and easy both to make and to grab on-the-go. I was so glad to find the cereal aisle at my local Safeway store very well stocked with Kellogg’s All-Bran!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT IDEAS?
GET MY SUMMER DESSERTS E-COOKBOOK!
Blueberry White Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites
- 32 dates pitted
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups Kellogg's All-Bran Cereal original
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Add the dates and the walnuts to your food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process them on high speed for several minutes until the mixture has a fine, crumbly appearance.
- With the food processor still on high speed, slowly drizzle the water in one tablespoon at a time until the mixture appears a bit lighter in colour and the water has been fully incorporated (the mixture will be very sticky at this point).
- Scrape the sticky date and walnut mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the Kellogg's All-Bran Cereal and the cinnamon. Mix well with a wooden spoon or a heavy-duty rubber spatula (the mixture will feel a little tough!) until everything is combined well.
- Add the white chocolate chips and the dried blueberries and mix them in well. Using your hands at this point is helpful, since you'll be rolling the balls with your hands anyway - it really helps you work the dried blueberries and the white chocolate chips into the mixture evenly.
- Roll the mixture into 18-20 balls using the palms of your hands and refrigerate them for a few hours before you enjoy them, just to help them set. If you're short on time, 30 minutes in the freezer should do the trick!