No bake energy bites are an easy grab and go breakfast or healthy snack any time of the day. This easy no bake recipe is for energy balls with dates, nuts, fiber-packed cereal, white chocolate and dried fruit. They’re a healthy sweet treat!
*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReimagineCereal #CollectiveBias
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Healthy Breakfast Recipe Using Cereal
I don’t know about you, but for my family variety is so important. Sure, the classics will always have a place but there’s just something so special about putting your own spin on something tried-and-true. I’m so excited to be partnering with Kellogg’s today to bring you this Blueberry White Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites recipe. These breakfast bites are Kellogg’s All-Bran Cereal, taken to the next level!
There was a time in my life when I would have said breakfast cereal was one of my favourite foods (don’t we all go through phases like that??). Cereal can be a super quick and easy breakfast but it’s also pretty easy to get stuck in a breakfast rut, eating cold cereal and milk every single day. And sometimes we forget that with cereal the possibilities are endless!
I love thinking outside the box (or the bowl!) for inspiration, especially when it comes to creating healthy meals and snacks for my family. We do enjoy a bowl of cereal with milk every now and then, but when presented with the chance to create an inspiring, healthy recipe featuring one of my favourite cereals in a whole new way, I just couldn’t say no!
No Bake Energy Bites
These Blueberry White Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites are the perfect healthy solution for your busy lifestyle, and they feature Kellogg’s All-Bran Cereal, which has been a long time favourite of mine.
I like to enjoy All-Bran with milk and sliced bananas, sprinkled over yogurt with fresh fruit, and I’ve even been known to top a casserole with All-Bran, for a delicious out-of-the-oven crispy crunch. But this easy energy balls recipe was definitely born in a “never-thought-of-that-before!” moment!
Being a work-at-home mom of 2 preschoolers has me running in many different directions throughout the day, so I’m always in need of nutritious foods that are also quick and easy both to make and to grab on-the-go. I was so glad to find the cereal aisle at my local Safeway store very well stocked with Kellogg’s All-Bran!
Kellogg’s All-Bran is a great addition to no bake energy bites because it’s perfectly crunchy, packed full of fibre, and it tastes great with naturally sweet ingredients like dried fruit. It’s perfect in this easy no bake energy bites recipe because it maintains its crunchy texture, even when paired with moist ingredients like dates and dried blueberries.
If you’re a fan of healthy choices for breakfast or snacks but you’re looking for some new inspiration, these blueberry and white chocolate energy balls are definitely for you! And you never know, they may just re-ignite your love affair with cereal after all!
Looking for more Kellogg’s breakfast cereal ideas and recipes? Click here!
To make this no bake energy bites recipe, you’ll need a food processor. This is the food processor I use and love.
Blueberry White Chocolate No Bake Energy Bites
- 32 dates pitted
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts
- 4 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/4 cups Kellogg's All-Bran Cereal original
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- Add the dates and the walnuts to your food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process them on high speed for several minutes until the mixture has a fine, crumbly appearance.
- With the food processor still on high speed, slowly drizzle the water in one tablespoon at a time until the mixture appears a bit lighter in colour and the water has been fully incorporated (the mixture will be very sticky at this point).
- Scrape the sticky date and walnut mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the Kellogg's All-Bran Cereal and the cinnamon. Mix well with a wooden spoon or a heavy-duty rubber spatula (the mixture will feel a little tough!) until everything is combined well.
- Add the white chocolate chips and the dried blueberries and mix them in well. Using your hands at this point is helpful, since you'll be rolling the balls with your hands anyway - it really helps you work the dried blueberries and the white chocolate chips into the mixture evenly.
- Roll the mixture into 18-20 balls using the palms of your hands and refrigerate them for a few hours before you enjoy them, just to help them set. If you're short on time, 30 minutes in the freezer should do the trick!
Enjoy these delicious fibre-rich energy bites for a quick and easy breakfast or snack on-the-go!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to “think outside the bowl”?
Please visit this website for more inspiration for creative breakfast and snack creations!