Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce is the perfect healthy game day appetizer or savoury snack! This roasted cauliflower recipe is low carb and gluten-free.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Dipping SauceRemember a few months back, when cauliflower was one of the most expensive vegetables at the grocery store? I remember seeing memes in my Facebook feed about people re-mortgaging their houses to buy cauliflower, the prices were so bad. Even still, I’ve never really been one to complain about the prices of fruits and vegetables. Truthfully, I’m happily ignorant to how much it costs to feed my family fresh produce and I’d much rather cut my costs in other areas of our grocery budget (like the junk food aisle!) than in the produce section. Although, I did do a double take last week when I realized I had paid $12 for a rather small amount of fresh blueberries. The thing is, my kids eat them like they’re candy (probably because they don’t really know what candy is yet!) and how can I say no to those 2 cute little faces begging for fresh blueberries of all things?? Like this healthy appetizer recipe? You’ll love these Mini Reuben Sandwich Appetizers or this Easy Guacamole!
Back when cauliflower was so expensive, I had a conversation with a gentleman behind me in line at the grocery store after I caught him eyeing the 2 heads of cauliflower in my cart. He struck up a conversation with me about the price of cauliflower and how the cost of fresh, healthy food is going up quickly. While I agreed with him and we commiserated over how high our grocery bills are, I also got to thinking about how great it is that conversations like this happen, and how it’s so great that even though the cost of living a healthy lifestyle is going up, so is the prevalence of a commitment to healthy eating. It’s become commonplace to talk with strangers about it instead of striking up polite conversations about a local sports team or the weather.
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES WITH EASY COOKING TIPS?
GET MY HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES E-COOKBOOK!
Healthy Roasted Cauliflower Appetizer
If you’ve been following this blog for any amount of time you’ll know I love coming up with simple, healthy ways to enjoy great tasting food and this Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower recipe is all of those things. While I do enjoy the odd chicken wing every now and then, this Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower is something I’ve made at home again and again for a light lunch or snack. It’s also a recipe I reach for when I need a low-fat, healthy appetizer that tastes amazing, and even the most devoted chicken wings fan will love them. If you like wings, pub food, appetizers, or if you have a thing for hot sauce, this Buffalo roasted cauliflower recipe is definitely for you!!
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
Speaking of hot sauce, don’t forget to make the blue cheese dipping sauce recipe. While plain roasted cauliflower is delicious on its own, Buffalo roasted cauliflower demands a creamy, cool blue cheese dipping sauce to soothe the heat. Like this recipe? You’ll love these Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms or these Creamy Bruschetta Bites!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this roasted cauliflower recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy snack food hack?
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this easy low carb appetizer recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Buffalo Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
For the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise I use reduced fat
- 3 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- a pinch or two of salt and pepper
For the roasted cauliflower:
- 1 head cauliflower washed and dried and broken into large chicken wing-sized chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-5 tbsp hot sauce to taste (I use Sriracha because it's my favorite, but any kind works)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- a pinch or two of salt
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce:
- Combine the mayo, whole milk, Greek yogurt, Worcestershire sauce, blue cheese, and salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk until it's well combined and smooth (except for the blue cheese chunks, of course). Refrigerate the dipping sauce while you prepare and roast the cauliflower, although the dipping sauce can even be made a day ahead of time to give the flavours a chance to develop further.
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and paprika to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Add the chunks of cauliflower to the bowl and toss it in the sauce until it's well coated. Turn the cauliflower out onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15-18 minutes or until the tops of the cauliflower chunks begin to brown slightly.