NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:I don’t know about you, but so far spring as been SO BUSY for me! And I’m not just saying that…my family and I have some big things going on behind the scenes right now that I can’t share with you just yet (but soon!), but I will say that life is crazy and I’ve got a whole lot of things occupying my time these days other than the standard wife/mother/food blogger role I’m used to playing. Not that I’m complaining – I thrive on the challenges brought on by a busy schedule and I’m usually able to handle a lot of stress without too much trouble. The only problem is, something’s got to give during those busy times and it’s usually the time and energy I put in to preparing healthy meals. And we can’t have that now, can we??
Easy Overnight Oats with Chia and ChocolateIt’s during these unusually crazy busy times of life that I have GOT to get creative or the health of my family will suffer. And because I’d rather just skip breakfast than eat something unhealthy, it’s recipes like Almond Chocolate Overnight Oats that are saving the day lately. And while I may not have time to whip up a batch of my Healthy Buttermilk Pancakes for breakfast or even time to blend an easy smoothie in the morning, I definitely have time to grab a mason jar of overnight oats with chia out of the fridge. Even if I have to eat them standing up while I’m busy doing a hundred other things.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Supplies Used to Make this Overnight Oats Recipe:
Chocolate Overnight Oats with Chia and Almonds
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Mash the banana in a medium bowl.
- Add the chocolate almond milk, rolled oats and chia seeds and stir everything together well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove the bowl from the fridge in the morning and stir in the plain almond milk to loosen up the oats. If you want to, you can heat the oats up in the microwave if the thought of cold oatmeal is less than appealing to you. I really enjoy these oats cold from the fridge, especially now that the weather is warmer!
- Divide the oats between two mason jars (or bowls, if you prefer) and serve with the sliced almonds and dark chocolate chunks on top!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS SUMMER DESSERT IDEAS?
GET MY SUMMER DESSERTS E-COOKBOOK!