These Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites are the perfect healthy snack for on the go. They’re sweet and delicious but contain no refined sugars!
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love my Vanilla Berry Smoothie or this delicious and healthy Greek Yogurt Chocolate Pudding!
‘Tis the season for chocolate! It’s almost Valentines Day and it’s the middle of winter, so we’re all craving those delicious comfort flavours. But in the name of all things healthy eating, let’s enjoy chocolate in a guilt-free way, shall we? I love making energy bites (like these Cranberry Cashew Energy Bites) because they’re such a healthy snack idea, and so I knew these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites just had to happen. They are super easy to make and they’re made with only all-natural ingredients like real dark chocolate, oats, and dried fruit, so they contain no added sugar and they’re great for a quick, healthy snack on the go! And they taste like dessert! Everyone in our house loves them, and I know you will too!
These are the perfect healthy snack to have on hand to satisfy those sweet, chocolate cravings, and they can be stored in the refrigerator for about week after they’re made, although I doubt they’ll last that long!
Making my own energy bites like these has really helped me say goodbye to conventional granola bars and other unhealthy snacks. And these Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites? They’re the best ones yet! If I hadn’t made them myself, I’d swear they were dessert!
And in other news, I started a YouTube channel where I share videos of upcoming recipes! Feel free to SUBSCRIBE here and check out the video for these delicious Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites I’m sharing with you today!
Like this recipe? Check out these Skinny Old Fashioned Baked Cake Donuts or my Homemade Apple Chips!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Try some of my reader’s favourite recipes linked below!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites
These Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bites are a deliciously healthy snack that tastes like dessert!Print Pin Rate
Servings: 16 pieces
- 16 dates pitted
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup real dark chocolate chips
- Add the dates, the peanut butter, the cocoa powder, and the vanilla extract to your food processor.
- Process the mixture on high speed until it's smooth with no large chunks, scraping down the sides to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Continue processing on high speed, adding the water one tablespoon at a time until the mixture is soft.
- Transfer the peanut butter mixture to a bowl and add the oats and the chocolate chips.
- Stir everything together well with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, and then roll the mixture into about 16 balls.
- Place the balls in a parchment-lined container and store them in the refrigerator!
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg