NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:I don’t know about you, but I am dreaming of spring a lot these days. I don’t like to wish the days away – goodness knows they go so fast lately as it is – but I’m more eager to enjoy fresh, spring flavours than I’ve ever been, even though the ground is still covered in snow. There’s just nothing like fresh flavours that come with warmer weather…and don’t even get me started on grilling. I’ll be pulling out the barbecue recipes the second that mountain of snow on top of my grill is gone, I can promise you that!
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
Customizable Overnight Oats RecipeA few years ago, a friend shared this Vegan Overnight Oats recipe with me and my life has never been the same. I know that sounds dramatic, but I consider it an amazing discovery to be able to chuck a bunch of healthy ingredients in a bowl the night before and the next morning, call it breakfast…and a breakfast that actually tastes great! I’ve made many variations on this overnight oats recipe and I’m excited to share this one with you today. Right now, I’m all about fresh flavours that remind me of spring and summer so this Coconut Mango Overnight Oats is hitting the spot! And not just for me. The kids love this breakfast and my husband’s been begging me for weeks to make it again. It’s sweet, it’s creamy, and most importantly it’s so healthy! You are going to love it!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY & HEALTHY SUMMER ENTERTAINING TIPS, TRICKS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY HEALTHY SUMMER ENTERTAINING E-COOKBOOK!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 1 1/3 cups rolled oats use gluten-free oats to make this breakfast gluten-free!
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk + another 1/4 to 1/2 cup light coconut milk substitute Skim Milk if you want to cut fat and calories
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 mangoes cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup toasted flaked coconut unsweetened
- Mash the banana in the bottom of a medium bowl.
- Add the rolled oats, the coconut milk, the chia seeds, and the cinnamon to the bowl and stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Peel and cut one of the mangoes into chunks and add the mango pieces to the oatmeal mixture. Fold the mango chunks into the oatmeal mixture.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or some plastic wrap and place the bowl in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, add another 1/4 - 1/2 cup coconut milk to the mixture, just to loosen it up a little bit. Divide it between 2 mason jars.
- Peel and cut the other mango into chunks and top the oatmeal mixture in both jars with the fruit. Add some toasted unsweetened coconut to the top and enjoy immediately, or place the lids on the jars for a delicious and healthy breakfast that's perfectly portable!
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.