This Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner is the ultimate easy meal recipe for a quick weeknight dinner! It’s bursting with delicious Italian flavours and it’s on your dinner table in 30-minutes or less with hardly any clean-up!
Are you in need of more easy meals like this one? You’ll absolutely LOVE my One Pan Roasted Chicken Dinner or this super easy One-Pot Pepperoni Pizza Pasta!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
There’s pretty much nothing I don’t love about sheet pan dinners like this Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner. For me, they’re kind of like a modern-day casserole, minus the cream-of-whatever soup and all the headache. And really, who wouldn’t love a pan full of fresh veggies and delicious sausage over a casserole anyway? If my family would let me, I’d make meals like this one every single day!
Being a work-at-home mom of two young kids keeps me really busy throughout the day and believe it or not, even this food blogger forgets to make dinner sometimes until about half an hour before we need to sit down to eat. I know, that’s just crazy, but I’m convinced it happens to everyone – even food bloggers – which is why easy meals like this one are SO important to pull out of your hat on a night when there’s nothing on the dinner menu and you have hungry tummies to feed.
We moved recently, so my life has been a little bit crazy (read: total chaos) and I’ve been relying on one-pan meals like this Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner almost every day. In the last year or so I’ve actually been including several one-pan meals on our meal plan every week and I’ve started to keep my pantry and freezer stocked with all the ingredients I need to throw a healthy meal like this together in a pinch. The truth is, as much as I adore cooking, sometimes I just don’t have time for it at the end of a busy day and take-out or some other unhealthy meal is just not an option I’m happy with.
The other thing about many easy, one-pan meals is, they’re usually not that healthy for you and there’s not a lot of colour going on (read: not much nutrition!). This Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner incorporates tons of fresh veggies which is an absolute must in my book when it comes to easy meals. And it’s so versatile, so feel free to add any other veggies your family loves. Sweet potatoes would taste great here, and even carrots would be delicious. My kids adore bell peppers so I’m always looking for ways to include them in my cooking, and they’re definitely a hit in this recipe! I hope your family loves this meal as much as ours does!
For easy recipes like this, my go-to kitchen tools are my favourite meat thermometer and my Misto Oil sprayer. The meat thermometer ensures whatever meat you’re using in your sheet pan dinner is cooked thoroughly and the Misto Oil Sprayer is the perfect healthy and economical substitute for conventional oil sprays you find at the grocery store that often contain all kinds of harmful propellants.
I just love this Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner, both because of how easy it is but also because it’s just so colourful and flavourful!
I hope you like this recipe!! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite super easy meal for busy weeknights??
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Like this easy meal?? Check out more of my favourites below!
This Easy Sticky Asian Chicken is just like Chinese take-out at home!
It just doesn’t get any easier than this Slow Cooker Bolognese Sauce!
This One-Pan Lobster Mac and Cheese is a perfectly indulgent meal that you’d NEVER know was quick and easy to make too!
Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 8 medium or large Italian sausages
- 1/2 large red onion cut into chunks
- 1 pound mixed baby potatoes halved
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 slices small zucchini cut into thick
- 3-4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- cooking spray of your choice
- fresh cilantro for garnish optional
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a large baking sheet with some cooking spray.
- Add the sausages, red onion chunks, baby potatoes, bell pepper chunks, and zucchini slices to the greased baking sheet. Sprinkle the smoked paprika, the oregano and the salt and pepper over everything and toss well.
- Arrange the sausages evenly on the baking sheet and nestle them into the vegetables.
- Roast everything at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through completely and the baby potatoes are soft. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the sausages have reached an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Garnish with some fresh cilantro or parsley and serve this meal to your hungry family!