*This Kale Caesar Salad recipe post is compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #STOUFFERSGOODNESS #CollectiveBias
Kale Caesar Salad with Crumbled Bacon and Homemade Croutons is the perfect side dish to accompany STOUFFER’S® delicious Lasagna with Meat and Sauce!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I’ll admit, as a mother of two kids under 4 years old, dinnertime isn’t always a peaceful affair and it’s a rare day when we all sit down and enjoy our dinner together. There’s nothing like making a delicious meal with love for your family and then not getting to enjoy it with them because you’re too busy taking care of the next course (isn’t that the story of every mom’s life!?)!
Thankfully, STOUFFER’S® is trying to change that. Their family size Lasagna with Meat and Sauce is the perfect way to enjoy a family meal without all the effort! I’m excited to be sharing this simple Kale Caesar Salad today as the perfect side dish to enjoy with STOUFFER’S® delicious Lasagna with Meat and Sauce.
Our family has been so busy lately and we were (ahem…I was…) in desperate need of a relaxing meal together as a family, so it’s a good thing the frozen entree section at my local Wal Mart store was well-stocked!
Kale Caesar Salad with Homemade Croutons
We thoroughly enjoyed our family meal and this Kale Caesar Salad was the perfect side dish (and it’s a GREAT way to get your kids to eat kale!!)! I know your family will love it as much as ours does! Rather than making a traditional Caesar salad dressing with anchovies, I made a kid-friendly Caesar salad dressing without anchovies. Adding bacon and homemade croutons to the salad gave the kids more reasons to love it.
Kale Caesar Salad with Bacon and Homemade Croutons
- 2 bunches of fresh kale washed and dried
- 3 slices of bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
For the croutons:
- 3 slices of whole wheat bread cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- a pinch of salt and pepper
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan cheese very finely grated
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- a generous pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing together in a mason jar and shake well until combined.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and remove it to a plate with some paper towel to absorb the excess grease. Drain the grease from the pan, leaving behind about a teaspoon or two of it for frying the croutons.
- Add the cubed bread to the pan with the reserved bacon grease along with the olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic powder and toss well. Toast the cubed bread over medium low heat until the bread starts to turn a slight golden brown colour and becomes a little bit crispy. Toss with the parsley flakes and remove the croutons to a plate to cool.
- Wash and dry the kale and rip the leaves off the stems. An easy way to do this is by holding onto the stem and ripping the leaves away from you. Be sure the leaves are in salad-sized pieces and toss them with the dressing until everything is well coated.
- Crumble the bacon over the salad, add the Parmesan cheese and the croutons, and serve!
With an easy, healthy side dish like this Kale Caesar Salad gathering your family around the goodness of STOUFFER’S® for a delicious family meal has never been simpler! STOUFFER’S® Lasagna with Meat and Sauce is packed full of real mozzarella cheese and it’s made with no preservatives, just like you’d make it!
And just look at all that delicious sauce!! Let me tell you, this is not your grandma’s dry frozen lasagna! STOUFFER’S® Family Size Lasagna with Meat and Sauce is made with love, just like you make it, and it’s the perfect way to enjoy a delicious family meal without all the fuss.
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite side dish for a family meal?
Click here to save with Ibotta when you purchase STOUFFER’S® entrees!