Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups are the perfect addition to your Cinco De Mayo fiesta! They’re everybody’s favourite cold taco dip, in a bite-sized cup! *This post is sponsored by Que Pasa Mexican Foods. As always, all opinions are my own! #EverydayFiesta #CincoDeMayo
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
And of course, since it’s Cinco De Mayo this week. I had to share my latest favourite Mexican party food… Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups!
Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups Recipe Notes
These Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups are so simple to make and they’re always a huge hit at parties. They’re super easy to customize, so if you have a tried and true family recipe for cold taco dip, feel free to turn it into this bite-sized version!! Suggested toppings include:
- black olives
- shredded cheese
- sliced jalapenos
- fresh cilantro
- Sriracha or traditional hot sauce
Looking for more Mexican recipes for your Cinco De Mayo celebration? Try this Easy Mexican Tortilla Soup, these Mexican -Style Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, or some of Becca’s Vegetarian Quesadillas!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil spray
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Que Pasa salsa any flavour
- 1 tbsp low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt sour cream works too!
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with some vegetable oil spray and layer 2 wonton wrappers inside each muffin cup, offsetting them to create a flower shape. Push the wonton wrappers down well into each of the muffin cups and spray the inside with a little bit more vegetable oil spray.
- Bake the wonton cups for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until the edges are crispy. Let them cool completely in the muffin tin.
- Add the cream cheese to a large bowl and stir with a rubber spatula until it's smooth and creamy. Add the salsa, Greek yogurt and taco seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Remove the wonton cups from the muffin tins when they're completely cooled and spoon the cream cheese and salsa mixture into the bottoms of the cups, distributing it as evenly as possible.
- Top the cream cheese and salsa mixture with the chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and shredded cheese in layers. Add small dollop of Greek yogurt to each wonton cup and top with a few slices of black olives and some chopped cilantro!
How fun are these taco dip cups, right?? They’re perfect for Cinco De Mayo or any fiesta, anytime! Pair them with this Agua Fresca-inspired Watermelon Green Tea Refresher for the perfect party! And don’t forget to enter the awesome Que Pasa giveaway below!!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
I hope you enjoy this easy Mexican party appetizer recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite recipe to celebrate Cinco De Mayo? Like this recipe? You’ll love my Easy Guacamole recipe or these super easy Creamy Bruschetta Bites!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Enter the Que Pasa Mexican Foods #CincoDeMayo #EverydayFiesta Giveaway!
Update: This giveaway ended on May 13m 2016, and the entry form was removed from the post.