Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups are the perfect addition to your Cinco De Mayo fiesta! They’re everybody’s favourite cold taco dip, in a bite-sized cup!
*This post is sponsored by Que Pasa Mexican Foods. As always, all opinions are my own! #EverydayFiesta #CincoDeMayo
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Mexican food is one of my go-to, favourite foods to make for my family. We love fish tacos, enchiladas, these amazing Oven Chicken Fajitas, and my personal favourite: this Tex-Mex Mac and Cheese. I love making our family meals fun for the kids whenever I can and Mexican food is so great for that – it’s fresh and colourful. The kids love helping me prepare all the toppings and ingredients!
And of course, since it’s Cinco De Mayo this week. I had to share my latest favourite Mexican party food… Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups!
I don’t know about you, but my favourite party dish is always the layered taco dip. There are a thousand different ways to make it and they’re all equally delicious (in my humble opinion!), so when Que Pasa Mexican Foods contacted me to join in their Cinco De Mayo celebrations, I knew it was the perfect time to share the layered taco dip wonton cups recipe with you!
I have been a long time fan of Que Pasa Mexican foods since the first time I tried their tortilla chips, about thirteen years ago. And their salsa is out of this world! It’s the perfect addition to the creamy layer of these wonton cups but it’s also great all on its own as a dip for the Que Pasa organic non-gmo corn tortilla chips, or as a topping on any of your favourite Mexican dishes.
Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups Recipe Notes
These Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups are so simple to make and they’re always a huge hit at parties. They’re super easy to customize, so if you have a tried and true family recipe for cold taco dip, feel free to turn it into this bite-sized version!! Suggested toppings include:
- black olives
- shredded cheese
- sliced jalapenos
- fresh cilantro
- Sriracha or traditional hot sauce
Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups
- 24 wonton wrappers
- vegetable oil spray
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup Que Pasa salsa any flavour
- 1 tbsp low-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt sour cream works too!
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro for garnish optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with some vegetable oil spray and layer 2 wonton wrappers inside each muffin cup, offsetting them to create a flower shape. Push the wonton wrappers down well into each of the muffin cups and spray the inside with a little bit more vegetable oil spray.
- Bake the wonton cups for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until the edges are crispy. Let them cool completely in the muffin tin.
- Add the cream cheese to a large bowl and stir with a rubber spatula until it's smooth and creamy. Add the salsa, Greek yogurt and taco seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Remove the wonton cups from the muffin tins when they're completely cooled and spoon the cream cheese and salsa mixture into the bottoms of the cups, distributing it as evenly as possible.
- Top the cream cheese and salsa mixture with the chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and shredded cheese in layers. Add small dollop of Greek yogurt to each wonton cup and top with a few slices of black olives and some chopped cilantro!
How fun are these taco dip cups, right?? They’re perfect for Cinco De Mayo or any fiesta, anytime! Pair them with this Agua Fresca-inspired Watermelon Green Tea Refresher for the perfect party! And don’t forget to enter the awesome Que Pasa giveaway below!!
I hope you enjoy this easy Mexican party appetizer recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite recipe to celebrate Cinco De Mayo?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Enter the Que Pasa Mexican Foods #CincoDeMayo #EverydayFiesta Giveaway!
Update: This giveaway ended on May 13m 2016, and the entry form was removed from the post.