These No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls are an easy-to-make delicious treat perfect for a holiday cookie tray or any time of the year! An egg-free chocolate chip cookie dough made from only 6 ingredients, and dipped in your favourite chocolate – who could resist these No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls??!
Looking for more sweet recipes? CLICK HERE for ALL my favourite sweet treats, all in one place!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
You guys, Christmas is in ONE WEEK! Can you believe it?? I know I can’t. This December has just flown by, and unfortunately we’ve spent a lot of it cooped up in the house nursing ourselves back to health. We haven’t had a December full of sickness like this one ever before, but we’ve all had nasty colds and we’re currently dealing with a bout of the stomach flu…I know, it sounds horrible and it is. But when you’ve recently moved to a new country and your immune system doesn’t even know what to do with itself because of all the new viruses and germs, you unfortunately catch anything and everything no matter how healthy you are (insert sad emoticon face here).
Because we do a very minimalist/stripped-down version of Christmas in our family I’m not at all stressed about the holidays, even though our sicknesses have had us missing out on all kinds of fun Christmas events (if you’re curious about our approach to Christmas, check out this post). Thankfully, my daughters were healthy enough to participate in their Christmas Nativity play, and our oldest in her Kindergarten Christmas concert last week, but this weekend has us all in bed again missing out on all the fun. Fortunately, the only thing that’s left on my Christmas to-do list is a little bit of baking to give away to friends and neighbours, so you better believe I’m going to be making all the easy, no-bake recipes I can get my hands on, including these No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls!
Because I’m terrified of salmonella poisoning I’ll never let my kids eat cookie dough when we’re baking cookies together, so these No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls are such a great treat for them. You should see their faces when I actually let them taste this dough – it’s priceless! These are even easier to throw together than a batch of delicious chocolate chip cookies, and the best part is that you don’t even have to wait for them to bake!
And in case you’re not following me on Facebook, I’ve put together a little video tutorial for this recipe that I’ve posted over there – I do this for many of my recipes, so head on over to The Busy Baker’s Facebook Page and watch me make these No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls and many more of my favourite recipes!
I just love these No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls because this recipe is no-fail! You can make them look as pretty or as rustic as you wish and no matter how they look, they taste delicious every single time!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy cookie dough?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Like this recipe? You’ll LOVE the delicious treats I have linked below!
These No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Truffles are the perfect no-bake, easy-to-make recipe!
My tried and true Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I’ve ever tried!
These Double Chocolate S’mores Cookies taste even better than everyone’s favourite summertime campfire treat!
No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls
These egg-less No Bake Chocolate Dipped Cookie Dough Balls are the perfect no-bake treat for the holidays, or any time of the year!
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 500 grams semi-sweet chocolate
- 1-2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, or in a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it's light and fluffy and pale in colour.
- Add the white and brown sugars and beat well until the mixture is creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla and then add the flour, beating on low speed until everything is completely incorporated. It's better to add too little flour than too much at the beginning (sometimes the temperature of the butter can require more or less flour to create the right consistency for rolling). Start by adding 1 and a half cups and then add a few more tablespoons at a time until the right consistency is reached.
- Beat in the mini chocolate chips until they're incorporated.
- Roll the dough by the tablespoonful into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate in chunks to a microwave-safe bowl along with the vegetable oil. Heat at 50 percent power for increments of 30 seconds just until the chocolate is melted, but not too hot.
- Stir well to ensure the vegetable oil is completely incorporated.
- Dip the cookie dough balls in the melted chocolate at place them on the lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough balls for about 30 minutes once they've all been dipped in the chocolate, or for a super quick treat place them in the freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes.