Lemon Couscous Salad with Pomegranate and Mint is the epitome of fresh. This couscous salad recipe is super easy to throw together. Topped with a homemade honey lemon dressing, it makes the perfect healthy side dish or light lunch. Trust me, you’re going to love this recipe!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Looking for more healthy salad recipes? Try this delicious Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad, or this amazing Brussels Sprouts Salad with Low Fat Creamy Bacon Dressing!
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
This healthy salad recipe was inspired by a delicious lemon and pomegranate couscous recipe that you can find here. Recipes with lemon never fail to elevate my mood. The bright yellow lemon zest and pretty pink pomegranate arils are pretty together and of course, they make a great flavour combo!
Pomegranate Lemon Couscous Salad Recipe Notes:
- Feel free to serve the salad immediately with some lemon wedges on the side, or refrigerate for a few hours and serve it cold. It’s delicious either way, but it’s one of those dishes that gets better with time as the couscous absorbs the flavours of the honey, the lemon and the mint!
- Lemon Couscous Salad with Pomegranate and Mint is a great Weight Watchers-friendly recipe at only 4 Smart Points per serving (the recipe makes 8 large servings)! Add 3 ounces of grilled chicken breast on the side and you’ve got a delicious meal that will leave you more than satisfied!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 2 cups whole wheat couscous
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (juice of 1/2 large lemon)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (zest of 1 large lemon)
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils (arils from 1 pomegranate)
- 1 cucumber chopped
- handful of chopped fresh mint
- Add the water to a medium-sized pot over high heat. Once it reaches a boil, turn off the heat and add the couscous and lemon juice. Stir with a fork to make sure all the couscous is moistened, cover the pot with a lid and let it sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and set the lemon couscous aside to cool to room temperature.
- Chop the cucumber and the mint and set aside.
- Add the honey, lemon juice, olive oil and salt to a mason jar and shake until it comes together.
- Once the couscous has cooled, add it to a large bowl along with the cucumber, the pomegranate arils, the chopped mint and the lemon zest.
- Pour the dressing over the top and toss well to coat. Serve the salad immediately with some lemon wedges on the side, or refrigerate for a few hours and serve cold.
If this lemon couscous salad doesn’t wake you up out of your winter blues, I don’t know what will! You definitely don’t need to wait for spring or summer to enjoy flavours like this!
I hope you enjoyed this lemon couscous recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy couscous?
Like this healthy salad recipe? Try my Easy Greek Salad in 5 Minutes or Less, or this amazing Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Orange Vinaigrette!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Don’t forget to check out all the other delicious couscous recipes by my fellow Foodie Mamas! Use the image map below to grab their recipes – just click on the photo of the recipe you’d like to see!