Pomegranate Granola Parfaits are a healthy fruit and Greek yogurt parfait, made with homemade granola and fresh pomegranate arils. This layered granola parfaits recipe makes an easy, healthy and quick breakfast for busy mornings.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Quick Healthy Breakfast Solutions
Of course I love a good lazy breakfast too, like this Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole, but these days we just have too much winter fun going on and these parfaits are a quick healthy breakfast that we can eat on the go! I know you’re going to love them too!
Granola Parfaits Ingredients
To make these parfaits, you’ll need:
For the homemade granola:
- 2 tsp canola oil (or other oil of your choice)
- 2 cups large flake oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 6 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
You’ll also need:
- 1 large or 2 small pomegranates
- 3 cups plain fat-free Greek yogurt
Feel free to use whatever flavor yogurt you prefer (vanilla, fruit flavoured, etc.) but because pomegranate seeds are so sweet and juicy, plain Greek yogurt works just fine!
These granola parfaits will store well in the fridge for a few days. The granola doesn’t quite retain all its crunchiness, but it’s certainly still a tasty breakfast for busy mornings!
Are the Granola Parfaits Healthy?
One of these granola parfaits is only 8 Weight Watchers SmartPoints, making it a great healthy breakfast recipe to reach for this month! The parfait will keep you full until lunch time and give you lots of energy to get through your busy days. Or to play outside in the snow with the kids!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy breakfast right now?
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
For the Granola:
- Add the canola oil to a large heated skillet over medium heat. Add the oats and toss them in the oil until the oil is absorbed.
- Let the oats toast (you may want to turn the heat down to medium-low), tossing them frequently to be sure they don't burn.
- Once the colour of the oats has deepened slightly (about 5 minutes) and you're able to smell them toasting, turn the heat to low and add the cinnamon, honey and vanilla, stirring constantly.
- Continue to cook the granola over low heat for about 2-3 minutes, making sure you're stirring constantly.
- Scoop the granola out of the pan and onto a sheet of parchment paper on the counter, spreading it out to cool.
- Let the granola cool completely before assembling the parfaits (I usually make the granola the night before and assemble the parfaits in the morning). Once the granola has cooled completely it will be shiny and crunchy.
To Assemble the Granola Parfaits:
- When it comes time to assemble the parfaits, remove the seeds from one large or two small pomegranates.
- Layer some fat-free Greek Yogurt, granola and then pomegranate seeds into each of four (1.5 cup) mason jars (4 bowls or 4 large glasses works fine too!), and repeat the layers so you end up with six layers in each jar!
- Serve, and enjoy!
- The granola parfaits are quick and easy enough to assemble in the morning, but making the homemade granola takes about 15 minutes. To save time, you may want to do that the night before.
- The parfaits will store well in the fridge for a few days. The granola doesn't quite retain all its crunchiness, but it's certainly still a tasty breakfast for busy mornings!
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.