Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus is a delicious, healthy snack that’s perfect for dipping or as a spread on crackers or pita. This white bean hummus recipe is made without tahini, and it’s quick and easy to make!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Since taking the Pulse Pledge earlier this year I’ve been having a blast in the kitchen coming up with new recipes using my favourite beans, chickpeas and lentils. The kids and I eat hummus in some form almost every day for lunch. They just devour it, scooping it up with veggies and licking it off their fingers (they’re toddlers, so it’s understandable!). The other day I even caught my daughter licking the hummus clean off her plate. I wasn’t sure if I should be glad for her love of a healthy food or horrified by her lack of table manners…isn’t that just parenting in a nutshell?!
White Bean Hummus without Tahini
I love making my own hummus at home because the flavour possibilities are endless! Hummus is typically made with chickpeas and tahini, but I’m loving white beans lately so I thought I’d change things up a bit with an Italian twist. This Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus has no tahini, is so easy to throw together in the food processor, and the end result is outstanding!
Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus is sharp-tasting with a beautiful smooth texture, and it’s oh so garlicky! It’s perfect with veggies, pita bread, or your favourite crackers, and it’s so delicious I actually couldn’t stop eating it between shots while I photographed it! It’s a great way to eat those delicious and healthy pulses, and I know you’re going to love it as much as we do!
Equipment Needed to Make White Bean Hummus Recipe
You will need a food processor to make this hummus dip. I have a 7-cup food processor that works perfectly for this recipe.
Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for garnish (use the real stuff!)
- 1 can white beans rinsed and drained
- zest of half a lemon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus 2 teaspoons of olive oil for garnish
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Add the garlic, Parmesan cheese, white beans, lemon zest and salt to your food processor.
- Process on high speed until blended, stopping to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl if necessary.
- Once the mixture is well blended, add the olive oil, the water and the lemon juice in a slow stream as the mixture continues to blend on high speed.
- Continue to blend on high speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil (about 2 teaspoons) and some freshly grated Parmesan, and your favourite veggies and crackers for dipping!
This Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus is 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving and it’s packed with fibre and protein, making it the perfect healthy snack!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite hummus flavour?
Love pulses? You’ll love this Red Lentil Carrot Cake Granola or my Red Lentil Butternut Squash Soup with Honey Curry Roasted Chickpeas and Coconut Cream!