This Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken is a delicious and easy main dish! This easy chicken recipe is a family favourite – it’s sweet and juicy and goes great with just about any side dish. And the best part? You’ll only need 5 simple ingredients!
Looking for more easy chicken recipes? Try my Easy One Pan Roasted Chicken Dinner, or this absolutely delicious Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Who doesn’t love a good chicken recipe? I mean, there’s a million and one ways to do chicken but have you ever found yourself making the same chicken dish over and over again? I’ve got many favourite ways to prepare chicken for my family and I’ve shared several of them with you already (click here for the chicken recipe jackpot!!), but this Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken is one of my new favourites!!
One of my must-have qualities for any new recipe I try is simplicity. It hasn’t always been this way for me, and I do love a good, complicated recipe every now and again (because, you know, I love cooking). But since I became a mom and started cooking for my busy family, simplicity has been #1 for me. I always scan a recipe before trying it for the first time to see if I’ll be able to make it through the steps without being interrupted by a phone call, one of the kids needing me, or some other distraction.
Now that’s not to say that I’m into convenience ingredients like cream-of-whatever soups and pre-made sauce mixes – simplicity, to me, means fresh and flavourful ingredients that add personality to a basic dish like this one. Throwing some fresh garlic and onions in with the chicken while it’s roasting creates a delicious aroma that nothing else ever could. And using a high-quality liquid honey and a dark, grainy mustard creates the perfect glaze with tons of flavour!
This Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken is best served warm over rice with a salad, or with any side dishes of your choice!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what would YOU serve as a side dish with this Honey Mustard Glazed Chicken?
Here are some of my favourite sides that would be perfect with this recipe!
This Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing is always a hit with chicken dishes!
These Roasted Carrots with Honey Balsamic Glaze are to die for!
Try these Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges with Sweet Curry Aioli for a sweet summer side!
And how about this super easy Almost No-Bake Cheesecake for dessert!!?! It’s a recipe my readers rave about!!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Cooking spray
- 4 chicken legs bone-in and skin on
- 1 large yellow onion cut into chunks
- 4-5 whole garlic cloves
- sea salt and pepper
- 6 tbsp liquid honey
- 3 tbsp grainy mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a large baking dish with some cooking spray (use butter if you prefer). I like to use my Misto Oil Sprayer (affiliate link) anytime I grease a pan. It's one of my favourite kitchen gadgets because it allows you to spray healthy oil without all those propellants found in conventional cooking sprays.
- Arrange the chicken legs in the greased baking dish and season each of them with sea salt and pepper to your taste. Stuff the chunks of onion and whole garlic cloves around the chicken legs.
- Whisk the honey and grainy mustard together in a small bowl and brush a small amount (about 1/4 of the mixture) onto the skin of the chicken legs. Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the baking pan from the oven. Baste the chicken with some of the juices in the bottom of the baking dish and brush the remaining honey mustard glaze onto the chicken legs and the onions.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for 25-28 minutes more, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 Fahrenheit (75 Celsius), broiling for the last 1-2 minutes to achieve that deep brown colour on the glazed skin.
- Add some cilantro leaves for garnish, if you wish, and serve!
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.