This Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe post is sponsored by Barilla Canada. I’ve been compensated monetarily but as always, all opinions are mine. #ProntoNight
This one-pan mac and cheese is an ultra decadent dish for a date-night-in or special occasion but without the all the fuss of a fancy dinner (and minus the extra dishes!). Fresh lobster and delicious pasta, nestled in a rich and creamy 3-cheese sauce with a crispy breaded topping browned to perfection. This seafood mac and cheese dish is quick and easy to make, but it’s deliciously indulgent. Lobster Mac and Cheese is a restaurant-worthy meal that’s ready in minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Time Saving Lobster Mac and Cheese
It’s not very often I make a meal that’s ultra decadent and worthy of a date night because, well, we have two kids under 4 years old, so our date nights usually consist of Netflix, pyjamas, and maybe a cup of tea and some popcorn if we’re lucky. But on all too rare an occasion, I’ll pull out an indulgent recipe and whip up a restaurant-worthy meal just for the two of us after the kids are asleep for the night.
The thing is though, ultra decadent meals usually require all kinds of fancy ingredients and that one little thing we all seem to never have enough of…time!
Which is why I’m so glad to be partnering with Barilla Canada again today to bring you this absolutely divine One-Pan Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe, featuring their brand new Barilla Pronto one-pan, no boil, no drain pasta!
Let me tell you, this product is my new favourite time saver! If you’ve been around here for a while, you already know that I’m a huge fan of one-pan meals. I’ve shared many of my favourite quick and easy one-pan pasta dishes with you already, like this Pepperoni Mushroom Pizza Pasta, and this Creamy Ricotta Pasta Primavera with Chicken, which are both fantastic weeknight meals. I’ve had such a blast using the new Barilla Pronto pastas over the last month and they have saved supper in our house on more than one occasion!!
And I don’t know what it’s like in your house, but for me even the most special meals I make need to be simpler than they used to be, just because with two little ones running around my kitchen I can’t give cooking the undivided attention I could before I became a mom.
I had so much fun making this One-Pan Lobster Mac and Cheese for my husband and I to enjoy because not only is it crazy decadent and indulgent and something that we’d usually only order in a restaurant, it was far simpler than most recipes like this, thanks to Barilla Pronto.
Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe Tip:
Another great time-saving tip is to have your lobster steamed for you at the supermarket. Most supermarkets that sell fresh shellfish will be able to steam it for you, often at no extra charge. Just ask at your local seafood counter!
And because this dish is made in one-pan, it comes together quickly on the stove and then bakes for just a few minutes to get that crispy breaded topping. While it’s baking just throw together a salad to make your dinner complete!
This seafood mac and cheese recipe serves 6-8, so it’s a great dinner for two with lots of yummy leftovers but it’s also a great dish for a dinner party with friends or a summer feast! Just don’t tell anyone you made it all in one pan, and they’ll never know how easy it is!! If you’re a fan of comfort food (and who isn’t, really??) I know you’re going to love this easy Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe as much as we do!
Equipment Needed for Easy Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
To make the seafood mac and cheese, you’ll need:
- large, oven-safe skillet
- large pot to boil pasta and lobster
- measuring cups and spoons
One-Pan Lobster Mac and Cheese
- 400 g Barilla Pronto Cut Macaroni feel free to use Barilla Pronto Penne, Rotini, or Half-Cut Spaghetti for this dish too!
- 3 cups cold water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- a pinch of nutmeg
- a pinch of paprika
- a generous pinch of both sea salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups extra sharp aged cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup smoked Gruyere cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 large lobster steamed, shucked and chopped into large chunks
- 1 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley flakes
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- fresh chives chopped (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place a large, oven-safe skillet over medium high heat and add the Barilla Pronto cut macaroni and the water. Stir until all the pasta is submerged and let the mixture come to a simmer.
- Simmer the pasta until almost all the water is absorbed, but the pasta is still moist (this should take less than 10 minutes).
- Turn the heat to medium low and add the Dijon mustard and heavy cream and stir well. Stir in the parsley, the nutmeg, the paprika and the sea salt and pepper.
- Add the shredded cheeses one at a time starting with the cheddar and ending with the Parmesan, stirring carefully as you add them to make sure the cheese melts into the warm cream sauce that's forming. You'll notice the cream sauce thicken at this point, so add the whole milk a little bit at a time to keep the mixture from becoming too dry. You may not need to add the whole amount, depending on the specific kind of cheeses you use, so watch the mixture carefully to be sure the sauce is thick and creamy and not dry or soupy.
- Once the sauce has reached your desired texture, add the chunks of lobster and stir them in until they're distributed throughout.
- In a small bowl, stir together the coarse breadcrumbs, garlic powder and parsley flakes. Sprinkle this breadcrumb mixture over the pasta mixture in the skillet and drizzle the melted butter over the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-15 minutes until the breaded topping is crispy and light brown. Garnish with some fresh chives, if desired, and serve!
This dish is great for those days that call for something special! The sauce is so creamy and smooth, and the breaded topping has the perfect crunch!