Pasta Primavera with Chicken is a deliciously easy weeknight meal idea! Besides the creamy goodness, the best part of this primavera recipe is that it’s made in one pot!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Like this easy meal idea? You’ll love these Paprika Chicken Thighs with Roasted Root Vegetables and Kale or this delicious Shrimp and Chicken Paella!
Magical One-Pot Meals
If you’ve ever experienced the 5 o’clock rush, you know how awesome one-pot meals can be. You know, that time right at the end of the day where you’re either just walking in the door with a kid on one arm and a briefcase on the other. Or, you’ve been busy at home all day and your spouse is about to walk in the door at any moment…and the answer to the question “what’s for dinner?” is (long pause) nothing.
If you’re anything like me, being organized and planning in advance is usually the remedy for this dinnertime frustration but sometimes that just doesn’t happen. Try as I might there’s always at least one day every week where my husband walks in the door at 5:30pm and smells…nothing. Because I haven’t started dinner yet and I’m standing at the fridge praying that some kind of casserole will just magically appear on one of the shelves (it hasn’t ever happened yet, by the way).
So when I stumbled across my friend Ashley’s Mix and Match One-Pot Pasta Guide I felt like I had struck gold. Never has it been so easy to whip up dinner in 30 minutes or less, and the possibilities are endless! This week we were in the mood for something creamy so I settled on pasta primavera with ricotta cheese, tomatoes, zucchini, and chicken. The results were fantastic and there was only one pan to wash, which made it taste that much better!
The ricotta in this dish adds a creaminess to the sauce without it being too heavy, and it has a light fresh taste that’s perfect for spring. It’s a nice healthy meal that’s full of lean protein and vegetables, and because it’s pasta, my kids go crazy for it. Ricotta Pasta Primavera with Chicken really is the perfect easy weeknight meal the whole family will love!
Equipment Needed to Make Pasta Primavera with Chicken
- heavy-bottomed skillet with lid – This is my favorite pan for making skillet dinners.
- sharp kitchen knife
- cutting board
One-Pot Creamy Ricotta Pasta Primavera with Chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts butterflied
- a pinch or two of salt and pepper
- a pinch or two of paprika
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 cloves of garlic pressed or finely minced
- 240 g of linguine noodles
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Butterfly the chicken breasts and season both sides of each piece with salt, pepper and a pinch of paprika. Add the olive oil and the chicken breast pieces to the skillet. Cook the chicken on medium heat until it's browned nicely on one side. Flip the chicken and cook on the other side until cooked through to 165 degrees.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, add the tomatoes and zucchini to the skillet, along with the garlic and lemon zest and juice. Let the vegetables begin to caramelize a little bit and then add the white wine.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, the vegetables have softened slightly, and the wine has reduced, remove the chicken and vegetables from the skillet to a plate and let them rest while you cook the pasta.
- To the same skillet add the linguine noodles and the chicken broth, and let the noodles simmer in the broth until they're just done and the broth is disappearing. Add the ricotta cheese and toss the hot noodles in the ricotta until the ricotta melts and develops a creamy sauce.
- Slice the chicken breasts and add the chicken and the vegetables back into the skillet with the linguine noodles and sauce and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with some chopped parsley, and serve!
Aren’t one-pot meals great?? I know your family will love this pasta primavera with chicken as much as mine does!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy weeknight meal?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Don’t forget to check out all the other delicious recipes by clicking the links below!