This Oven Roasted Pizza Popcorn is a delicious snack for parties and it makes a great edible gift! Flavoured with Italian spices and sharp cheese, this Oven Roasted Pizza Popcorn is simple to make and so delicious!
Looking for more delicious snack recipes? CLICK HERE for a list of all my favourites!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It’s so hard to believe that tomorrow is the beginning of 2017! I don’t know about you, but for me 2016 absolutely flew by. But at the same time, looking back on everything that happened this year makes me realize just how long 2016 actually was. Isn’t it funny how a year can feel so long while it’s happening but when it’s over it feels like it began only yesterday? It reminds me of that saying people often share with mothers of newborns: “the days are long, but the years are short.” That’s exactly how 2016 felt to me.
If you’ve been following along with me for most of this year you’ll know that our family made a major move overseas in the summer which has taken up so much of our time and energy for the last 12 months. And since we’ve moved it feels like we’ve had nothing but challenges (usually in the form of one virus or another), so we’re all eager to begin a new year with a fresh perspective on our new life in a new place.
Of course, because we’re parents of two preschoolers, we almost never have exciting plans for New Years except for sitting on the couch in our sweatpants or pyjamas, watching a movie and eating popcorn. And if you’re a parent of young ones too that last sentence may have actually gotten you feeling a little bit excited…I mean, what is better than relaxing in silence indulging in a delicious snack after a long day of wiping noses and listening to your toddler ask you “why mommy?” about three thousand times (no exaggeration…I’m praying it’s just a phase!!)? Nothing. Absolutely nothing is better than that.
In keeping with Busy Baker tradition, I’m sharing another one of my favourite popcorn recipes just like I did last New Years eve! My Homemade Sweet and Salty Kettle Cooked Popcorn is always a huge it, but this Oven Roasted Pizza Popcorn is simply delicious! I’m all about savoury snacks and this one is not only super easy to prepare, but it beats any store-bought flavoured popcorn by a mile. Seriously, this stuff is so good I stood there snacking on it while taking all these photos and actually almost had to make another batch so I could finish the photography. It’s THAT good!
Enjoy this Oven Roasted Pizza Popcorn with my Healthier CrockPot 3-Ingredient Hot Chocolate!
I hope you like this recipe as much as our family does! Let me know in the comments below, what are you favourite New Years traditions?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you like this recipe, you’ll LOVE the ones I have linked below!
This Healthier 3-Ingredient Crockpot Hot Chocolate is always a HUGE hit!
These Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups make a delicious, light snack or lunch!
Try this Apricot Pecan Baked Brie Appetizer for a deliciously decadent treat!
Oven Roasted Pizza Popcorn
- 12 cups air popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- a dash of hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- a pinch or two of paprika for garnish optional
- fresh parsley for garnish optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet or saucepan over medium heat. When the butter has melted, add the paprika, garlic powder, salt, oregano, basil and hot sauce and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the butter mixture over the air popped popcorn, tossing to ensure all the popcorn is well coated. Add the Parmesan cheese and toss well.
- Pour the popcorn mixture into a shallow roasting pan and roast at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes, stirring once after about 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with an additional pinch or two of paprika and some fresh parsley and serve immediately!
- Or, if you wish, let the popcorn cool completely to room temperature and package it in airtight containers, bags, or jars to give as edible gifts!