This Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the perfect easy-to-make snack or appetizer made with roasted red peppers, chickpeas, and garlic! Make it spicy or mild!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you but hummus is one a staple food in our house! We eat it almost every day slathered on bread, with veggies for dipping, or (my personal favourite) as a condiment alongside grilled meats and veggies for lunch or dinner. We enjoy several different brands of store-bought hummus in a pinch, but we always prefer homemade hummus because it’s easy to make as healthy and flavourful as we please – this Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is no exception!
Homemade hummus is, hands down, my favourite way to use chickpeas and I’ve already shared all different kinds of hummus with you here on The Busy Baker, including Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus, Roasted Garlic Hummus, and even my Red Lentil Curry Hummus. This Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is my new favourite hummus variety because the flavour of roasted red peppers is just out of this world!!!
How to make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This Hummus recipe is so easy to make. Just follow these steps:
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas (it’s easiest to use the canned variety).
- Add the chickpeas to your food processor, along with all the other hummus ingredients.
- Add the jarred roasted red peppers (or, roast your own using my instructions below).
- Process on high speed while you drizzle in the olive oil until smooth.
- Serve with your favourite pita chips or veggies for dipping!
Looking for more healthy recipes? CLICK HERE for a list of all my favourites!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Roasted Red Pepper Hummus recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy snack or appetizer? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes ? Check out these!
Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is the perfect easy-to-make snack or appetizer made with roasted red peppers, chickpeas, and garlic!
- 2 roasted red peppers (jarred) OR roast 2 red peppers at 450 degreed Fahrenheit for 30 minutes (turn halfway through roasting)
- 1 540 ml can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- juice of one lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes optional
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- minced garlic, chili flakes, and chopped fresh basil for garnish (optional)
If roasting your own peppers, roast 2 red bell peppers at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes (turning once during roasting). Let cool. Remove the stems and seeds.
Add the roasted red peppers to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. If using jarred peppers, use approximately the equivalent of 2 bell peppers.
Add the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, and chili flakes to the food processor.
Blend on high speed and drizzle the olive oil in while the food processor is on, and continue blending until the hummus is smooth and creamy.
Scrape it into a serving bowl or container and top with some additional chopped roasted red pepper, chopped garlic, chopped basil and/or chili flakes for garnish (optional).
Serve with pita chips or veggies for dipping.