These Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms make the perfect one-bite snack or appetizer! They’re packed with a decadently creamy ricotta cheese filling, fresh spinach, garlic and finished off with some parmesan! They’re easy to make and great for a party!
It’s not very often I get to enjoy a swanky party with “adult” food anymore. I know, that probably sounds funny but believe it or not I actually spend most of my time in yoga pants with my hair in a bun and I’m lucky if I get to enjoy any food while it’s still warm, never mind anything fancy or gourmet!
I guess it’s a good thing I’m a food blogger then, because I have an excuse to make (and eat!) all kind of delicious food. Like these amazing Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms. Which I totally ate while wearing my yoga pants, with my hair in a bun, after the kids were in bed for the night. And in the interest of full disclosure, I don’t feel one bit guilty about it because if there’s anything a mom of 2 preschoolers needs at the end of the day it’s a relaxing evening with a delicious snack, a good book, and the drink of her choice (sparkling water for me!), am I right?
Stuffed mushrooms have always seemed so classy to me, but I’ve always known they were simple to make. And it doesn’t get much easier than this recipe! A simple ricotta cheese mixture stuffed into white mushrooms, topped with some fresh Parmesan, and then baked to perfection! The ricotta keeps these stuffed mushrooms tasting light and fresh and the spinach adds a beautiful colour and an earthy flavour. If you love appetizers as much as I do, this is definitely a recipe you need in your collection!
Do you love appetizers? Try these Creamy Bruschetta Bites or these Mushroom Crostini with Herbs and Garlic!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Like this recipe? You’ll love my Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus or these Skinny Greek-Style Turkey Meatballs!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite appetizer?
Looking for even more delicious entertaining recipes? Try these reader-favorite recipes below!
Kitchen products I recommend:
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY MEAL IDEAS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY NO-FAIL HOLIDAY MEALS E-COOKBOOK!
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
- 8 large white mushrooms
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh spinach
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a baking dish with a drizzle of olive oil and rip the stems out of the mushrooms, adding the mushrooms to the baking dish upside down.
- Add the ricotta cheese, chopped spinach, salt and pepper, garlic, and dried parsley to a bowl and stir everything together until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps, dividing the mixture evenly among the caps.
- Top each one with a bit of the Parmesan cheese and bake at 375 for about 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown!
- Serve with some chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional).