These Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges are the perfect summer side dish – crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a deliciously smoky barbecue flavor that pairs perfectly with summer salads and any meat off the grill!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It seems like every time I look at the calendar lately I gasp when I realize what month it is. I’ll spare you the “I can’t believe how fast time goes” rhetoric, but really – it’s amazing that summer is already just around the corner! Wasn’t Christmas just last week?!
I don’t know about you, but when I think of summer food it’s all about grilling anything I can get my hands on and cool sweet treats. I’ve shared plenty of my favourite grilling recipes with you, like this Ginger Soy Grilled Chicken or these Dry Rub Barbecue Chicken Skewers, and several delicious cold treats, like these Pina Colada Popsicles or this No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Pie.
Since I’ve shared SO many summer favorites with you already, I knew it was time for one of my favorite side dishes ever to make it’s debut on the blog. These Crispy Barbecue Potato wedges have made their way to our dinner table more times than I can count and they’re ALWAYS my go-to side in the summer (or any time of year, really!).
Pin this recipe on Pinterest!
These Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges are deliciously crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and they’ve got that amazing smoky barbecue flavor thanks to the perfect blend of spices. And not only are they crazy good, they’re very easy to make with just a few basic ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
So, what are you waiting for?? Grab this recipe and these Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges will make your summer! And don’t forget to check out my tips for achieving the perfect, crispy texture (found in the notes section of the recipe)!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY & HEALTHY SUMMER ENTERTAINING TIPS, TRICKS AND RECIPES?
GET MY EASY HEALTHY SUMMER ENTERTAINING E-COOKBOOK!
Want to see more of my favourite kitchen products?
Check out my Amazon Shop!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite summer side dish recipe? I’d love to hear from you!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more side dishes? You’ll love these!
- Crispy Barbecue Potato Wedges
- Rustic Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Crispy Rosemary Garlic Roasted Potatoes
- Maple Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Easy Classic Macaroni Salad
- Easy Classic Pasta Salad
- Best Ever Classic Creamy Coleslaw
- Easy Classic Taco Salad
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
Crispy BBQ Potato Wedges
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for greasing the pan)
- 8-10 medium golden potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a large baking sheet, greasing it with 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Slice the potatoes into wedges and add them to a large bowl.
- Add the seasoning salt, paprika, garlic powder, pepper, and cayenne to the bowl, along with the 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Toss the potatoes, spices, and oil together until the potatoes are well coated.
- Pour the potato wedges onto the prepared baking sheet and spread them out in a single layer.
- Bake the wedges at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 22-25 minutes, or until the wedges are golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and enjoy immediately with ketchup for dipping, or your favourite dipping sauce!
- Make sure your oven temperature is hot - use an oven thermometer to ensure your oven temperature is 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use the convection setting on your oven to avoid having to flip the potato wedges halfway through baking.
- If your oven doesn't have a convection setting, flip the potato wedges halfway through baking to ensure even browning.