This easy taco salad recipe is easy to make and perfect for an light meal or side dish. Make it with ground beef or turkey in under 30 minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I love a good salad (you already know that if you’ve been around here for awhile) and this ground beef taco salad is one of my favourites!!
It’s a great veggie-packed salad that eats like a meal and it’s full of lean ground beef, Doritos, and topped with a creamy 2-ingredient salsa dressing! It’s an easy weeknight meal for the whole family, and it also makes a delicious side dish for family gatherings or summer parties!
One of my favourite things about this taco salad recipe is how easy it is to customize.
My husband is intolerant to dairy and it’s so easy to make this salad with dairy-free cheese and sour cream. Feel free to substitute the Doritos chips for your favourite plain or flavoured tortilla chips, or even baked tortilla chips for a healthy option.
Easy taco salad recipe ingredients
Taco salad is SO easy to make – just layer all the ingredients in a large serving bowl or on a large serving platter.
Choose your favourite ingredients according to your family’s tastes. Good options include:
- black beans
- bell peppers
- shredded cheese
- avocado slices
- jalapeno slices
- Doritos or corn chips
Other Protein Options
I like ground beef taco salad seasoned with taco seasoning. But feel free to make yours with ground chicken or turkey if you prefer!
For the dressing, simply mix some of your favourite salsa with some sour cream, drizzle it over the salad, toss, and serve!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this easy taco salad recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite taco-inspired recipe? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for more salad recipes like this? You’ll love these:
- Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad with Creamy Italian Herb Dressing
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Thai Chicken Spiralized Zucchini Salad
- Asian Cabbage Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
- Greek Couscous Salad Lunch Bowls
- Low Carb Chicken Shawarma Bowls
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this perfect summer meal. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Easy Ground Beef Taco Salad
- 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 head iceberg lettuce thinly shredded
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 14 ounce can of black beans
- 14 ounce can of corn
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Doritos chips
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup fat-free salsa
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- sliced jalapeños and diced avocado for garnish (optional)
- Season the ground beef with the taco seasoning and brown it in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Add the lettuce to a large bowl or large serving platter.
- Add the cooled ground beef on top of the lettuce.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, green pepper and cheese.
- Crumble the Doritos chips with your hands just a little bit (bite-sized pieces are ideal) and add them on top of the salad, along with the cilantro.
- Whisk together the salsa and sour cream and drizzle it over the top of the salad.
- Toss everything together and serve, with some diced avocado and sliced jalapeños (both optional).