This Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing is a delicious winter salad recipe that’s packed with healthy greens, fruit, nuts, sweet onions, sharp blue cheese and buttery goat cheese, all topped with a sweet balsamic salad dressing!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Well friends, I sure hope you and your family have been able to avoid the awful flu that’s been going around lately! Unfortunately it’s completely sidelined us for the last week or so, which is why it’s been a little quiet here on thebusybaker.ca for the last few days! Thankfully we’re over the worst of it now and I’m able to bring you this absolutely DELICIOUS recipe today that you are going to LOVE – Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette is one of my favourite lunches lately and I can’t wait to share it with you!
I don’t know about you, but my love for salads definitely doesn’t die with the end of summer. I mean, who says salads are just for summer anyway, right?? I love putting a seasonal spin on my favourite salads, allowing me to enjoy local ingredients in season and still get all my greens in! This Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette is actually a wintery version of my favourite Berry Walnut Spinach Salad that I make at least weekly in the summer. I’ve swapped the berries for delicious apples, added 2 of my favourite cheeses – blue cheese and goat cheese, because I couldn’t decide on one! – and settled on a deliciously easy Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing to top it all off!
Looking for more healthy salad recipes? Make a Strawberry Spinach Pasta Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing or an Orange Berry Pomegranate Superfood Salad .
Of course, if you’re not a fan of blue cheese or goat cheese, feel free to skip the cheese altogether or choose the one you like the most. I’m partial to both and the sharp blue cheese paired with the buttery goat cheese on this Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette, but the beauty of salads is you can make them however you please! Just don’t forget those healthy greens!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to get your greens in? A smoothie? A salad? I’d love to know!!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more delicious salad recipes? You’ll love these!!
- Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Healthy Greek Yogurt Caesar Salad
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
- Quick and Easy Greek Pasta Salad
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Roasted Beet Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this great recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Apple Walnut Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
For the salad:
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 golden delicious apple thinly sliced
- 1 honeycrisp apple thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbled
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Add the spinach, apple slices, onion slices, and walnuts to a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well, and top with the goat cheese and blue cheese.