These Rustic Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes are the perfect holiday side dish! They’re so easy to make with only basic pantry ingredients and they’re perfect for any holiday crowd! Looking for an easy holiday side dish recipe? This is it!! Watch the VIDEO below to see how I make it, and don’t forget to scroll down to the end of this blog post for the FULL PRINTABLE RECIPE!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
In all my years of holiday dinners mashed potatoes have always made an appearance in some form. We enjoy mashed potatoes all year around, but they just HAVE to make an appearance during the holidays. But making mashed potatoes during the holidays can be a ton of work, but not anymore! These Rustic Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes are made in the SLOW COOKER! No boiling required – just dump in all the ingredients, set it and forget it!
And in true Busy Baker fashion, these Rustic Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes are not just any old mashed potatoes – they’re inspired by my favourite steakhouse mashed potatoes and they’re going to take your holiday dinner to the next level!
And also in true Busy Baker fashion, these mashed potatoes include the skins. If you’ve been a reader of mine for any length of time you know how much I hate peeling potatoes…seriously, I’ll do just about anything to avoid that task. Sure, I also love the health benefits of leaving the potato skins on, but if I’m really honest I’m all about the time saving. And really, who wouldn’t love the fact that a super easy slow cooker recipe just became even easier!?
If you’re looking for a super simple side dish that’s as easy to make as it is delicious, these Rustic Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes are the recipe for you! Enjoy them at your next holiday dinner, or anytime of the year with grilled chicken or steak, or even as a meal on their own with some sour cream, shredded cheese and bacon bits!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favorite easy holiday recipe?
Before you grab the recipe for these delicious Rustic Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes, check out these other easy holiday recipes below!
Cooking for a small crowd this holiday season? You’ll LOVE this Roasted Turkey Breast with Cranberry Bacon Stuffing recipe!
These Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls make the perfect holiday breakfast!
Our family loves this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Latte!
KITCHEN PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND:
Rustic Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- 10-12 medium sized potatoes, washed and chopped into 1-inch pieces (skins on or peeled, your choice!)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Add the potatoes, chicken stock, garlic, salt and pepper, and butter to your slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low for 5-6 hours, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Mash the potatoes well.
- Add the warm milk, the sour cream or Greek yogurt, paprika and parsley.
- Continue mashing until everything is incorporated and the mashed potatoes are smooth.
- Add a little more fresh parsley for garnish, and salt and pepper to taste.