These Air Fryer Salmon Bites are perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Chunks of salmon marinated in a sweet and savoury Asian-style sauce – ready in under 15 minutes!
Table of contents
Air Fryer Salmon Bites Recipe
Here at The Busy Baker we’re always looking for new ways to get a healthy dinner on the table in less time. We enjoy salmon about once a week in our house and these Air Fryer Salmon Bites are a delicious way to add some healthy protein to a meal – serve them with some simple rice, over a salad, with some stir fry veggies or greens, or over these easy Garlic Noodles. We love them so much, and we know you’re going to love them too!
TRY OUR MEAL PLANS!
Let us do the work for you with 7 days of deliciously easy family dinners, grocery lists, meal prep guides and MORE!
Buy 2, save 20%!
Buy 3, save 30%!
Buy 4 or more, save 40%!
Kitchen Items Needed to Make Salmon Bites in the Air Fryer
The most important kitchen item needed to make these air fried salmon bites is, of course, an air fryer! If you don’t already have one (and we’d STRONGLY recommend getting one!), here are some we’d recommend (affiliate links):
- A great Air Fryer for space-saving (2 quart capacity)
- The perfect Air Fryer for large families with a dual basket feature
- A standard Air Fryer for everyday use (works well for a family of 2 to 4 people)
- A large Air Fryer for everyday use (works well for a family of 2 to 4 people)
In addition to an air fryer you’ll also need (affiliate links):
Ingredients Needed to Make Air Fryer Salmon Bites
To make this recipe you’ll need:
- salmon filets
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- maple syrup (or honey)
- garlic powder
- cooking spray
- green onions and sesame seeds (optional, for serving)
How to Make Salmon Bites in the Air Fryer
Time needed: 15 minutes
Follow these steps for the perfect salmon bites!
- Cut the salmon in to evenly-sized chunks and pat them dry on all sides.
Keep the pieces an even size so they cook at the same rate. Pat them dry to get rid of excess moisture, and so they can more easily absorb the flavours of the marinade.
- Marinate the salmon.
Even if you only let it sit in the marinade for 3-4 minutes, the salmon still soaks up all that delicious flavour. Don’t skip this step!
- Preheat your air fryer.
Preheating your air fryer while the salmon marinates for a few minutes helps reduce the cooking time.
- Don’t forget to spray your air fryer!
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, or brush it with a little bit of neutral oil (vegetable oil) to prevent the salmon bites from sticking.
- Check the internal temperature.
Test the temperature after 4 minutes of cooking at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius). The temperature should be about 135 degrees Fahrenheit (57 degrees Celsius).
Are these salmon bites gluten-free?
They are easy to make gluten-free if you choose a gluten-free soy sauce.
Can I skip the marinade?
Yes, but the marinade adds so much flavour we don’t recommend skipping it. Let the salmon sit in the marinade for only 3-4 minutes while the air fryer preheats.
How long to air fry salmon bites
Air fry these salmon bites for about 4-6 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the bites reaches 135 degrees Fahrenheit (57 degrees Celsius).
Can I make this salmon bites recipe ahead of time?
Yes. Store them in the fridge in an airtight container until ready to enjoy. Reheat in the air fryer for 1-2 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 Celsius) before enjoying.
We hope you love this salmon bites recipe as much as we do! Let us know in the comments below, how would you enjoy these salmon bites? We’d love to know!
HEALTHY WHOLE FOOD RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
Air Fryer Salmon Bites Recipe Video
Stay tuned for this delicious recipe video, coming soon! Until then, check out our YouTube Channel for more recipe videos!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Pat your salmon filets dry with paper towels and cut them into 1 inch cubes.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup and garlic powder to a bowl and whisk together well. Add the salmon cubes and coat them on all sides.
- Set aside to marinate for about 3-4 minutes while you preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius) . You can also marinate the salmon for 2-4 hours in the fridge, if desired.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add your salmon cubes to the air fryer without overcrowding, making sure there's a little bit of space between the pieces. You might have to cook them in batches if your air fryer isn't big enough.
- Air fry for 4-6 minutes or until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 135 degrees Fahrenheit (57 degrees Celsius).
- Serve with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.