These Easter Double Chocolate Cookies are the perfect fun and easy Easter treat! Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and packed with candy-coated chocolate and white chocolate!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Spring friends! I hope you’re enjoying the warmer weather and the spring sunshine as much as we are! Today I’m sharing these delicious Easter Double Chocolate Cookies with you – they’re perfect for spring and make a delicious Easter treat for kids and adults alike.
There’s just something about pastel colours that makes me so happy, and I always love when spring comes around and we start to see gorgeous pastels everywhere! These super cute Spring M&Ms are one of my favourite spring treats and I knew I had to include them in these delicious Easter Double Chocolate Cookies, along with white chocolate chips of course!
Looking for more delicious sweets? Check out all my favourite sweet recipes HERE!
The base recipe for these Easter Double Chocolate Cookies is my favourite go-to chocolate cookie recipe. It’s super basic and easy to make, and turns out perfectly chewy every single time, making it a great cookie recipe for beginners. And you can make it for any season, not just Easter! Just change the colour of candies you use, or use the non-seasonal candy-coated chocolate in all kinds of colours and enjoy these delicious cookies all year round!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these cookies as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite Easter treat to make at home? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Easter Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 3/4 cup pastel spring candy-coated chocolate pieces plus more for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl using your stand mixer or a hand-held mixer on high speed. Beat in the egg, the vanilla extract and the milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, the flour, the baking soda and the salt and when it's combined add it to the butter mixture.
- Mix everything together until it's well combined and there are no streaks of flour remaining.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and the candy-coated chocolates (I use spring M&Ms) by hand, so the mixer doesn't break them up.
- Scoop the cookie dough out in portions just a little bigger than a tablespoon and roll into balls.
- Place the dough balls onto the lined baking sheet and press down just slightly to help the cookies flatten and spread slightly as they bake.
- Add a few extra white chocolate chips and M&Ms onto the top of each cookie after you flatten it.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have lost their shine on top.
- Let the cookies cool slightly on the pan before trying to move them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will ensure they stay crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside.
- Enjoy, once the cookies are cooled completely.