Coconut water smoothies are clean, refreshing, and delicious! I’m celebrating the end of my blog’s first year with this easy and oh so healthy green juice recipe with coconut water!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Now before you say anything, I’m fully aware that most food bloggers celebrate their one-year milestone with some sort of decadent layer cake recipe or another equally indulgent dessert. As much as I would have loved to do that, I’m on a bit of a health kick right now so I thought it would be more fitting to say “cheers” with this deliciously refreshing green juice with coconut water. Not to worry, I have a few amazing sweet treats coming your way in the next month because, let’s be real, it’s okay to eat cake sometimes too, right?
Since the last 4 years of my life have been consumed by pregnancy and breastfeeding, I’ve felt at times like my body wasn’t my own anymore. Truthfully, it’s a small price to pay for these little miracles I now have in my life but nonetheless it has been difficult. Time to fit in workouts just isn’t always there anymore and healthy eating has also been a challenge because when you’re sleep-deprived, convenience foods are just so darn easy!!
Writing this blog for all of you, my dear readers, has been so good for me in this last year. It’s motivated me to re-examine my food choices and it’s challenged me to create more and more healthy family-friendly recipes to make my life (and yours!) healthier and tastier. And it’s been a blast! I never imagined that my little blog would ever be viewed over half a million times, but here I am! And at one year, no less!
So thank you to all of you who read my not-so-little-anymore blog! Thanks to all of you who follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest, thanks to all of you who share my recipes on social media, and thanks to all the wonderful blogger friends I’ve met along the way who have given me advice, and supported me and cheered me on (you know who you are!). If year 1 was this great, I can’t wait to see what year 2 will bring! Bottoms up, friends!
I’m in the middle of a juice cleanse at the moment, which makes food blogging kind of challenging. There’s nothing like photographing creamy pasta dishes or layer cakes while sipping carrot juice (seriously, it’s a kind of torture). I thought I’d share one of my favourite healthy juice coconut water smoothie recipes with you so I could actually enjoy something I’m photographing!
Must Have Equipment for Healthy Juice Recipes
I’ve loved using my Breville Compact Juice Fountain
these last few weeks. It’s a workhorse of a machine and it’s not even a pain to clean! And at a great price point, it’s definitely a good investment if you’re thinking about juicing regularly. It also does a great job on all different kinds of fruits and vegetables, especially those leafy greens that this recipe is full of! This green juice smoothie is mildly sweet but it’s SO refreshing and clean-tasting because of the fresh mint and the cucumber. If you’ve never been into juicing, try to get everything you think green juice might taste like out of your head…this stuff tastes amazing and it’s full of healthy goodness! I promise, you’ll love it!
Green Juice Coconut Water Smoothie Recipe
To make this healthy coconut water smoothie, you will need a juicer. Sorry guys, you will need a juicer for this recipe! I’ve heard of people juicing in their high powered blenders and then straining the pulp, but I have no experience with this to share with you. It’s best to use a juicer if you have one.
Cucumber Mint Green Juice Coconut Water Smoothie
- 1 large cucumber
- 4 medium apples
- 5 stalks celery
- 4 large stems of kale leaves attached
- 2 handfuls fresh mint
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups unsweetened coconut water (not from concentrate)
- Assemble and prepare your juicer according to manufacturer's instructions (I use this Breville Compact Juice Fountain, and I love it!)
- Wash and prepare your produce by removing the stems from the apples and chopping everything into pieces that will fit in the opening of your juicer. When juicing it's best to use organic produce whenever possible so you can juice without peeling anything (who has time for that!!??).
- Add the produce to the juicer one piece at a time until you've juiced everything. I almost always re-juice the pulp, especially when I'm juicing fresh herbs or green leafy vegetables, because I find I can get about 5 extra ounces of juice that way. So empty your pulp and add it back into the juicer, if you wish.
- Tip: Don't rely only on the little pitcher that comes with the juicer to catch the juice. This recipe will probably cause it to overflow, so it's a good idea to empty it into a larger pitcher when you're about halfway through juicing. That way you'll be able to make sure the everything is well mixed.
- Once you've extracted as much juice as you can, add the coconut water to your taste, and serve!
Tip: Don't rely only on the little pitcher that comes with the juicer to catch the juice. This recipe will probably cause it to overflow, so it's a good idea to empty it into a larger pitcher when you're about halfway through juicing. That way you'll be able to make sure the everything is well mixed.
This green juice coconut water smoothie is so refreshing, thanks to the bright flavours of the cucumber and the mint. It’s the perfect way to start (or end) your day and your body will thank you for it!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Let me know in the comments below, do you juice? What’s your favourite fresh juice blend?
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
*This post may contain affiliate links.