These Honey Curry Roasted Chickpeas are the perfect sweet and salty snack that’s healthy too! Packed with protein, healthy fats, and sweet honey flavour!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Monday friends! I’ve got another delicious snack recipe for you today – these Honey Curry Roasted Chickpeas! These are one of my husband’s favourite snacks and they’re inspired by the way he enjoys his popcorn – with curry powder and a drizzle of honey! They’re truly delicious and they make a great healthy snack that’s also healthy, protein-packed, and only naturally sweetened.
Want to try some Honey Curry Roasted Chickpeas for a healthy snack? Try my best tips below!
Tips for roasting crispy chickpeas:
- Use canned chickpeas! Soaking and cooking the chickpeas yourself tends to hydrate the chickpeas a little too much, so using the canned variety is best.
- Rinse and dry them very well! Rinse the chickpeas under cold water and dry them between two kitchen towels, rubbing them gently to loosen the husks.
- Definitely remove the husks! The key to crispy chickpeas is as little water and steam as possible. Leaving the husks on creates steam between the husks and the chickpeas and prevents them from crisping up.
- Use only a little bit of oil! – Using a good quality olive oil, and only a little bit of it, will create deliciously crispy chickpeas.
- Add dry spices for flavour! – The flavour possibilities are endless, but be careful not to flavour your chickpeas with anything that contains liquid. Stick with dry spices.
- Don’t under-roast! – If the chickpeas are still slightly soft that means they’re not done yet. Stick them back in the oven and let them darken slightly.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Honey Curry Roasted Chickpeas as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy snack? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes like this one? Check out these!
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well under cool water and lay them out on a kitchen towel to dry completely.
- Rub them gently between two kitchen towels to loosen the husks.
- Remove the husks completely and discard them. Dry the chickpeas again after the husks have been removed.
- Toss the chickpeas in a bowl with the olive oil. Add the curry powder and honey and toss well to coat completely.
- Add the chickpeas to a sheet pan and spread them out in an even layer.
- Roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crispy on the outside.
- Remove them from the oven and drizzle with about 1 teaspoon more honey, if desired.
- Let cool on the sheet pan until cooled completely.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.