This Keto Ice Cream is flavoured with vanilla and it’s the perfect homemade ice cream that’s low in carbs, creamy, smooth and delicious! Only 2 grams of carbs per serving!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Summer is in full swing where we live and we are loving the ice cream lately!! This Keto Ice Cream recipe is one of my favourite homemade treats for summer because it’s easy to make, it’s cool and refreshing, and it’s only got 2 grams of carbs per serving!!
Ingredients for Keto Ice Cream
- heavy whipping cream
- vanilla beans, vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- powdered stevia or liquid stevia (don’t use granulated baking stevia)
When it comes to homemade ice cream nothing beats an easy no-churn recipe you can make at home, especially if you’re watching the carbs! Made from an easy base of whipped cream and powdered sweetener, this is truly a fantastic no-fuss summer treat recipe!
Aside from the flavour, another great thing about this recipe is that you don’t need any special tools or kitchen gadgets beyond a stand mixer or hand mixer, a good sturdy loaf pan or container for freezing the ice cream, and a good ice cream scoop for serving! I’ve added a list of my favourite homemade ice cream kitchen gadgets below in case you’re interested (Amazon affiliate links):
- MY FAVOURITE ICE CREAM SCOOP (IT ALSO WORKS GREAT FOR PORTIONING CUPCAKE OR MUFFIN BATTER!)
- MY FAVOURITE KITCHENAID STAND MIXER
- MY FAVOURITE HAND MIXER
- MY FAVOURITE LOAF PAN (COMPARABLE)
How to make keto ice cream at home
Simply whip the heavy cream until it begins to form soft peaks and thickly coats the back of a spoon. Continue to whip while adding the powdered stevia in a steady stream until the mixture reaches almost-hard peaks. Fold in any other flavouring ingredients, freeze for 6-8 hours and enjoy!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Keto Ice Cream as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite ice cream flavour? I’d love to know!
KITCHEN TOOLS I RECOMMEND:
Looking for more low carb recipes? Try these!
- Best Ever Low Carb Cheesecake
- Low Carb Blueberry Muffins
- Low Carb Brownies
- Keto Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Keto Burgers in a Bowl
- Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Keto Zuppa Toscana
Keto Ice Cream
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- container or loaf pan
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream or 500 ml
- 1 vanilla beans or 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar stevia (Swerve powdered sugar substitute works well)
- Whip the heavy whipping cream cold from the fridge until soft peaks form and the mixture thickly coats the back of a spoon.
- Cut open the vanilla beans, scraping out the seeds and adding them to the bowl with the whipping cream.
- Turn the mixer on high speed and continue to whip, adding the powdered sweetener until it's fully incorporated and the mixture almost reaches the hard-peak stage.
- Be careful NOT to over-whip, as this will cause the fat and the water in the cream to separate. If this happens, the ice cream will NOT freeze properly and won't have the creamy, smooth texture you desire.
- Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper (or use a resealable plastic freezer-safe container, if you prefer) and scrape the cream mixture into the pan or container.
- Cover with plastic wrap (or a lid) and freeze for about 6-8 hours, or until the ice cream has become solid enough to scoop.