These Keto Muffins with Chocolate Chips are perfectly sweet and fluffy, with a classic muffin texture – gluten-free, sugar-free, and only 5 grams of net carbs per muffin!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you, but I love a good muffin! When you’re trying to follow a low carb or keto diet muffins are just one of those things that are too high in carbs…until now! These Keto Muffins with Chocolate Chips are the perfect low carb sweet treat that are as easy to make as they are delicious!
If you’re eating low carb or keto, or if you’re just trying to cut out sugar or gluten, these Keto Muffins are a GREAT treat or snack.
They’re made with basic ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen (especially if you’re following a low-carb, gluten-free or low-sugar diet already!), and their texture is almost exactly the same as a conventional muffin – ultra fluffy, with a tender crumb, and a beautifully caramelized top with warm, melty chocolate chips. Trust me, you’re going to LOVE them!
How to Bake Keto Muffins with Almond Flour
- Use Almond Flour, not Almond Meal. Almond flour is ground finely for baking and Almond Meal contains larger pieces of almond. Since Almond Flour is finely ground it creates a more uniform texture when baking.
- Use Blanched Almond Flour. Blanched Almond Flavour is light in colour and contains no almond skin fragments.
- Aerate, scoop and level to measure. Measure almond flour just like regular flour: fluff it up, scoop and level for the perfect measurement.
- Sift well. For perfectly smooth baked goods with Almond Flour, sift all the dry ingredients together very well using a fine mesh sieve to remove any large pieces.
- Combine the dry ingredients together first. Combine all the dry ingredients with the Almond Flour before adding it to the wet ingredients, to make sure all the ingredients are distributed evenly.
- Use a blender or food processor. The secret to a fluffy, even-textured muffin made with almond flour is to mix the ingredients in a food processor or blender. Mix the dry ingredients first and then pulse after you add the wet ingredients, just until combined.
- Let your muffins cool completely before slicing. Muffins made with almond flour need to cool completely to set fully. If you remove them from the papers too soon they’ll become very crumbly.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you like this low carb recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy dessert? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for more Low Carb recipes? You’ll love these!
- Low Carb Italian Chopped Salad
- Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna
- Low Carb Chicken Shawarma Bowls
- Low Carb Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Low Carb Pizza Stuffed Zucchini
- Low Carb Baked Bruschetta Balsamic Chicken
- Low Carb Instant Pot Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Low Carb Tomato Spinach Frittata
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Truvia brown sugar or other stevia brown sugar substitute
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or use melted coconut oil, avocado oil, or other neutral oil
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup keto chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- To a food processor or a blender, add the almond flour, baking powder, salt and stevia brown sugar. Pulse or blend on low speed until blended.
- Add the oil and almond milk to a liquid measuring cup, along with the eggs and vanilla. Whisk them all together with a fork until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in the food processor or blender and pulse or blend on low speed just until combined. You may need to stop blending and scrape down the sides with a spatula a few times.
- Add the batter to a bowl (or to save dishes, just remove the blade from your food processor) and add the chocolate chips. Fold the chips into the batter gently.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-23 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into one of the muffins comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely in their tin before serving.