This Easy Skillet Tomato Spinach Frittata is the perfect easy breakfast that’s healthy, low carb, packed with veggies, and great for meal prep!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about you, but starting my day off on a healthy note almost always keeps me on track for the rest of the day. Breakfast time can be busy and stressful (and if you have kids at home you’ll know exactly what I mean), and getting the whole family fed with a healthy, well-rounded breakfast can be a big challenge – that’s why I LOVE this Easy Skillet Tomato Spinach Frittata recipe so much. It’s my go-to make-ahead breakfast recipe and it’s a real winner!!
How to Make Frittata
Making your breakfast ahead of time can be a life-saver and this Easy Skillet Tomato Spinach Frittata is my choice for a healthy make-ahead breakfast.
- Saute your veggies. Cooking your veggies in the skillet first, in a little olive oil or coconut oil, will ensure they’re tender and juicy and cooked through completely.
- Whisk your eggs. Whisking your eggs in a bowl first before adding them to the skillet will create a really silky texture in your frittata and make sure the eggs cook evenly.
- Don’t over-bake! Be sure to bake your frittata only as long as the recipe calls for. Removing it from the oven when it just becomes set will make sure your frittata is cooked through but not rubbery.
- Add some cheese! Adding some goat cheese, parmesan or other cheese to the top of your frittata right when it comes out of the oven is a great way to add some savoury flavour!
Looking for more delicious holiday brunch ideas? Try this Apple Cinnamon French Toast Casserole or this Easy Make-Ahead Savoury Breakfast Casserole!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this frittata recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy breakfast recipe? I’d love to know!
Looking for more easy breakfast recipes? You’ll LOVE these!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Easy Skillet Tomato Spinach Frittata
- Cast Iron Skillet or other oven-safe skillet
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes chopped
- 12 eggs
- a pinch or two each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbed goat cheese substitute parmesan or cheddar, if desired
- fresh herbs and more salt and pepper for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven on the low broiler setting.
- Heat a large cast iron or other oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is soft and the garlic is fragrant (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add the spinach and tomatoes to the pan and toss them in the onion and garlic until the spinach wilts and the tomatoes begin to release their juices.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them together well with the salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the veggies in the hot skillet and turn off the heat. Sprinkle the crumbled goat cheese over top of the eggs.
- Add the pan to the oven under the low broiler for about 8 minutes, or until the eggs appear set in the centre of the pan. If 8 minutes isn't enough, watch the pan carefully through the oven door and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let sit for about 4-5 minutes before serving. This gives the frittata a chance to set fully in the middle and the cheese to soften and melt.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with toast and/or fresh fruit, or store the slices in meal prep containers in the fridge to reheat for breakfasts throughout the week.