This Instant Pot Creamy Zucchini Soup is a simple vegetarian soup recipe made with fresh zucchini and herbs (with a dairy-free and vegan option)! On the table in 25 minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It’s mid September and the Busy Baker garden is still producing zucchini! Thankfully we’ve had a beautiful fall so far, which means our garden produce just keeps coming! And I’m here for it – I’m loving all the fresh tomatoes and I’m making my Easy Roasted Tomato Soup on repeat, along with this Instant Pot Creamy Zucchini Soup. It’s one of my favourite easy lunches to make lately, and I can’t wait to share it with you! This soup is ultra smooth and creamy, and it cooks in the Instant Pot in about 6 minutes! Add in a little bit of time for the chopping and pressurizing, and you’ll have a delicious pot of soup on the table in under 25 minutes. Just don’t forget to remove the seeds from the zucchini so the soup is extra smooth (but leave the skin on for colour!).
How to make Zucchini Soup in the Instant Pot
Making homemade blended soups in the Instant Pot is SO easy! Just throw in all the ingredients (saute the onions, garlic, celery, and spices first, if you want), seal the lid, pressure cook for 12-15 minutes as directed in the recipe below, manually release pressure, add the cream, and puree. It’s really that simple! Looking for a stovetop version of this recipe? Try my Easy Creamy Zucchini Soup made on the stovetop!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to use up all those garden zucchini? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Like this recipe? You’ll LOVE these:
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup with White Beans
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili
- Butternut Squash Red Lentil Soup
- Rustic Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew
- Instant Pot Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Instant Pot Creamy Zucchini Soup
- 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups chopped zucchini seeds removed, skin on
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup half and half cream substitute for coconut milk to make it vegan (optional)
- extra cream for serving optional
- Start the Instant Pot on "Saute" mode and let it heat up. Wait until the screen says "Hot" and then add the olive oil, onion, garlic, celery, thyme and dill, salt and pepper.
- Saute for about 3-4 minutes, until the onions are soft and become translucent. Alternatively, you can skip the saute step to save even more time and simply add all the ingredients together.
- Add the zucchini and stir everything together well.
- Add the vegetable stock.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the lid. Place the release valve on "sealing".
- Cook for 6 minutes on "Pressure Cook".
- When the Pressure Cook time is finished, carefully turn the release valve to "venting" using a long pair of tongs or another long kitchen tool so you don't burn your hand, arm or face. It's a good idea to do this under an exhaust fan in your kitchen, if you have one.
- When the pressure has released, open the lid, add the cream (or coconut milk) and blend with an immersion blender or in a standard blender in batches.
- Serve while hot with a drizzle of extra cream (optional).