This Keto Zuppa Toscana is ultra creamy and packed with traditional flavours! A delicious Olive Garden restaurant copycat recipe made low carb, with only 7 grams of net carbs!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
There’s nothing quite like a delicious restaurant-style comfort food meal, and this Keto Zuppa Toscana is all that and more! Spicy Italian sausage, bacon, kale, sweet red peppers, and tender cauliflower in a creamy broth – it’s the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana you love but without the carbs!
Since moving to Europe from Canada I’ve learned to make so many of our favourite restaurant and convenience foods at home from scratch, like this delicious Butter Chicken recipe, this Restaurant-Style Blender Salsa, or these Easy Ramen Bowls. This Keto Zuppa Toscana is yet another restaurant-style recipe that’s become my favourite way to enjoy Zuppa Toscana at home while sticking to a low-carb diet!
Ingredients for Keto Zuppa Toscana
To make this recipe you will need:
- Italian Sausage
- Red Pepper
- White Wine
- Chicken broth
- Cauliflower Florets
- Heavy Cream
- Grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper
- Chili Flakes
How to Make Keto Zuppa Toscana
Making this Keto Zuppa Toscana is SO easy!
- Cook the bacon until crisp and drain most of the fat. Leaving a little bit of bacon fat in the pot adds flavour!
- Brown the sausage until almost cooked through and drain off most of the fat. Remove the sausage from the pot before softening the onion and red pepper.
- Soften the onion, red pepper and garlic until fragrant and soft.
- Deglaze the pan with some wine and scrape up all the golden brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Soften the cauliflower. Add the cauliflower and chicken broth and cook until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add the cream, cheese and kale. Remove the pot from the heat before adding the heavy cream, cheese and kale. Let the kale wilt in the soup, then serve with the crumbled bacon.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this soup recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy low carb soup recipe? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for more Low Carb Meal Ideas? You’ll love these!
- Low Carb Italian Chopped Salad
- Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna
- Low Carb Chicken Shawarma Bowls
- Low Carb Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
- Low Carb Pizza Stuffed Zucchini
- Low Carb Baked Bruschetta Balsamic Chicken
- Low Carb Instant Pot Creamy Zucchini Soup
- Low Carb Tomato Spinach Frittata
Keto Zuppa Toscana
- 8 strips bacon cooked until crispy, then chopped
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 3 cups kale chopped
- extra grated parmesan for serving
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook the bacon until crispy, remove it to a paper towel-lined plate to cool, then chop the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Drain the bacon fat out of the pot, then add the Italian sausage (casings removed) and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks. Remove the sausage to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Drain the fat from the pot again and add the diced onion, diced red pepper, and garlic, along with the salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Saute over medium heat until the onion and pepper are soft.
- Add the white wine and deglaze the pan, scraping up all the brown bits in the bottom of the pan.
- Once the wine evaporates, add the chicken broth and the cauliflower.
- Cover the pot and let the cauliflower cook in the broth until fork tender (this should take less than 10 minutes).
- Once the cauliflower is cooked through, turn off the heat under the pot.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan and kale, and stir well. The kale will wilt in a minute or two, and the parmesan will melt into the creamy soup.
- Top the soup with the crispy bacon, and some additional grated parmesan when serving.