These Ranch Roasted Chickpeas make the perfect healthy, low-fat snack! Made with only 3 ingredients and under 150 calories per serving!!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Hi friends! I’m so excited to be bringing you this delicious Easy Ranch Roasted Chickpeas recipe today! It’s one of my favourite healthy snack recipes, it’s easy to make with only 3 ingredients, and it’s packed with protein! If you’ve been around The Busy Baker for awhile you’ll know I love my salty snacks – and when potato chips are your weakness, recipes like these Ranch Chickpeas are the perfect healthy choice!!
I’m always looking for ways to simplify my savoury snack game while at the same time sticking to a healthy diet – so you can imagine how excited I was when I first discovered roasting chickpeas was a thing! I mean, who would’t want a crispy, crunchy protein-packed snack in a host of flavours? These Ranch Roasted Chickpeas are SO delicious, they’re kid-friendly (and great for school lunches!), and they’re ready to enjoy in minutes!
Want to roast some chickpeas for a healthy snack? Try my tips below!
Tips for roasting crispy chickpeas:
- Use canned chickpeas! Soaking and cooking the chickpeas yourself tends to hydrate the chickpeas a little too much, so using the canned variety is best.
- Rinse and dry them very well! Rinse the chickpeas under cold water and dry them between two kitchen towels, rubbing them gently to loosen the husks.
- Remove the husks! The key to crispy chickpeas is as little water and steam as possible. Leaving the husks on creates steam between the husks and the chickpeas and prevents them from crisping up.
- Use oil! – Using a good quality olive oil, and only a little bit of it, will create deliciously crispy chickpeas.
- Add dry spices for flavour! – The flavour possibilities are endless, but be careful not to flavour your chickpeas with anything that contains liquid. Stick with dry spices.
- Don’t under-roast! – If the chickpeas are still slightly soft that means they’re not done yet. Stick them back in the oven and let them darken slightly.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these Easy Ranch Roasted Chickpeas as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy snack? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes like this one? Check out these!
LOOKING FOR MORE KID-APPROVED MEALS?
Get my 1-Week Kid-Friendly Meal Plan for busy families!
Easy Ranch Roasted Chickpeas
- 1 large can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing mix divided
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas well under cool water and lay them out on a kitchen towel to dry completely.
- Rub them gently between two kitchen towels to loosen the husks.
- Remove the husks completely and discard them. Dry the chickpeas again after the husks have been removed.
- Toss the chickpeas in a bowl with the olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons of the dry ranch dressing mix and toss to coat.
- Add the chickpeas to a sheet pan and spread them out in an even layer.
- Roast at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crispy on the outside.
- Remove them from the oven and toss them on the sheet pan with the extra 1 tablespoon of ranch dressing mix.
- Let cool on the sheet pan until cooled completely.