Crock Pot Cabbage Soup is the perfect healthy meal that’s low carb and low in calories, but high in flavour! Make this keto soup recipe in your slow cooker for easy meal prep!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy New Year friends! This is my first new recipe of 2020 and I’m thrilled to be sharing it with you today!
This Crock Pot Cabbage Soup is one of our family’s favourite cold-weather soup recipes. It’s absolutely packed with healthy veggies, making it a great choice for anyone looking to jump on the healthy eating bandwagon for the new year.
Have you set your new years resolutions yet? If you’re one of those people who has their new years resolutions figured out by the end of December or sets a “word of the year”, I applaud you. Unfortunately I am NOT one of those people, and I usually figure out my direction for the year sometime mid-January.
My mission for the year is to make changes in my life in the area of my health. Even though I wasn’t too specific about it, one of my goals is to add as many healthy foods to my diet as possible – and this Crockpot Cabbage Soup is a perfect fit!
How to make Crock Pot Cabbage Soup in your slow cooker
Making cabbage soup in your crockpot or slow cooker is very simple. Just dump in all the ingredients except for the green beans and cook on either low or high for several hours. Stir in the green beans about 30 minutes before serving, and that’s it!
Cabbage soup for weight loss
Some people believe that cabbage soup is a great food for weight loss. I’m not a dietitian and I’m certainly not a weight-loss expert, but I know that any time you can add more veggies into your diet, you’re on the right track!
Plus, it’s a keto-compliant low carb soup, and it is perfect for increasing your intake of fresh veggies. Also, it’s great for warming up on a cold winter day!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this slow cooker cabbage soup as much as we do!
Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy slow cooker meal? I’d love to know!
Kitchen products I recommend:
Looking for more healthy recipes like this? You’ll love these:
- Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad with Creamy Italian Herb Dressing
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Thai Chicken Spiralized Zucchini Salad
- Asian Cabbage Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
- Greek Couscous Salad Lunch Bowls
- Slow Cooker Minestrone
- Slow Cooker White Bean French Onion Soup
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this low carb meal. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Slow Cooker Cabbage Soup
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1/2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1/2 medium head of cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dill
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 can green beans (14.5 ounces), or use frozen cut green beans instead
- chopped fresh parsley for serving (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to your slow cooker except for the green beans.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Add the green beans about 30 minutes before the end of cooking and stir well.
- Serve with some fresh chopped parsley, and a dollop of sour cream (if desired).