This Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup is packed with vegetables and bursting with Thai flavours! It’s dairy-free and comes together in 30 minutes or less!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Happy Friday friends! I’m so excited to be sharing this delicious Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup with you today! It’s one of our family’s favourite cold weather recipes, but it’s so delicious we enjoy it all year round! If you’re dairy-free or enjoy all those delicious Thai flavours, you will LOVE this recipe!
There’s nothing quite like a simple soup that comes together in no time flat, and this Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup can be on the table in under 30 minutes, making it a great meal idea on a busy weeknight or anytime you get the craving for Thai food! Skip the takeout, and make this Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup instead!
Looking for more soup recipes? You’ll LOVE this Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew or this Crock Pot French Onion Soup with White Beans!
If you’re looking for a good Dutch Oven pot for recipes like this Thai soup, here’s my best advice- the Dutch Oven pot I use is a total beauty from Le Creuset (affiliate link) and it gets used in my kitchen almost ever day throughout the year for all kinds of soups, stews, sauces, curries, and even for baking crusty artisan bread bread (if you want my original Dutch Oven Crusty Bread recipe, grab it HERE! It goes GREAT with this recipe!).
A pot like mine is definitely a financial investment, but considering how much I use it and considering its high quality, it’s definitely a worthy investment since it will last for 10 or 20 years, or even longer! I’ve also used similar cast iron pots from other brands, like THIS ONE from KitchenAid and THIS ONE from Lodge Cast Iron (both affiliate links) if you’re looking for something a little less expensive but still high quality that’ll do the job well.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this soup as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy Thai food? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Like this Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup recipe? You’ll LOVE these:
Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- zest and juice of one lime
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 400 ml (standard size) cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 20-25 uncooked shrimp (tails and shells on or off)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 cups brocoli florets (in bite sized pieces)
- fresh cilantro and lime wedges for garnish (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Once the oil has heated add the curry paste, honey, fish sauce, ginger, lime juice and zest, and salt and pepper. These are the aromatics of the recipe (the flavour-builders), so let them heat up nicely for several minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the coconut milk and stock, stir well and cover the pot, letting the soup simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the uncooked shrimp, bell pepper, onions, mushrooms, carrots, and broccoli and stir well to combine.
- Cover the pot again and let cook for about 7-10 minutes, turning the heat to medium low.
- After this time, the shrimp should be cooked through and the veggies should have softened slightly (you don't want them to be falling apart and mushy - they should still hold their shape in a soup like this).
- Serve in large bowls with crusty bread for dipping, with a sprinkling of fresh cilantro and some fresh lime wedges, if desired.