These Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtle Cookies are the perfect indulgent dessert for caramel lovers! A tender, chewy chocolate cookie stuffed with melty caramel and chopped pecans – they’re irresistible!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Friends, these Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtle cookies are simply unbelievable and I’m so excited to be bringing you this delicious recipe today – you are going to LOVE it!! Have you ever had a cookie with melty, ooey gooey caramel in the middle? If so, you’ll know exactly why these Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtle Cookies are just so amazing, and they have all the flavours of those old-school Turtles chocolate candies! Delicious chocolate, crunchy pecans and gooey caramel – what is not to love!!??
It’s hard to believe October is already here, but my fall baking is well underway. I’m making all kinds of homemade bread, soups from scratch, cakes and cookies. I don’t know if it’s just because summer’s over which means I can once again run my oven all day without causing my family to die of heat stroke, or if it’s just because all the cool weather just makes you want to eat carbs all day long, but I’m loving my time in the kitchen just like I do every single fall!
And I’ve got to be honest – cookie recipes like this don’t just come along every day. After sharing so many delicious cookie recipes with you over the last several years I kind of feel like these turtle cookies are just as good as it gets!!
Looking for more delicious sweets? Check out all my favourite sweet recipes HERE!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love these cookies as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite indulgent cookie recipe? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this gooey dessert. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Turtle Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans, plus extra for garnish
- 24 soft caramel candies
- caramel sauce for garnish, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl using your stand mixer or a hand-held mixer on high speed. Beat in the egg, the vanilla extract and the milk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, the flour, the baking soda and the salt and when it's combined add it to the butter mixture.
- Mix everything together until it's well combined and there are no streaks of flour remaining.
- Stir in the chopped pecans until they're distributed throughout.
- Scoop the cookie batter out in portions just a little bigger than a tablespoon and flatten the batter into your palm.
- Place a caramel candy into the center of the dough and fold the dough over the caramel candy so it's in the middle of the ball of dough.
- Place the dough balls onto the lined baking sheet and press down just slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have lost their shine on top.
- Let the cookies cool slightly on the pan before trying to move them. This will help the cookies deflate slightly and the caramel to settle inside the cookies.
- Top each cookie with a drizzle of caramel sauce and a sprinkling of chopped pecans.