*This Easy 15-Minute Vegetarian Macaroni and Cheese recipe is sponsored by Barilla Canada Inc. As always, all opinions are my own.
This Easy 15-Minute Vegetarian Macaroni and Cheese is the perfect quick and easy weeknight meal idea! It’s packed with veggies and it’s kid-friendly!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I always have mixed feelings when it comes to back-to-school time. Our gorgeous summers are 3 months long and they’re full of lazy mornings with homemade oatmeal, morning pilates, fun times outdoors in the sun, vacations, and enjoying the gorgeous mountains right in our backyard. I always feel a little apprehensive about getting back into the school routine, but recipes like this Easy 15-Minute Vegetarian Macaroni and Cheese make my back-to-school mom life SO much easier!
I’m partnering with Barilla Canada today to bring you this fabulously easy weeknight meal that’s getting our family’s fall off to a great start already! It features Barilla’s new Ready Pasta, it’s packed with vegetables, and it’s on the table in 15 minutes! And your kids are going to LOVE it!
I love serving pasta to my family, especially after a busy day. It fills their hungry tummies and when paired with other healthy ingredients like lean proteins and fresh vegetables, it gives them the fuel they need to keep up with our packed schedule. I’ve already shared so many of my favourite quick pasta dishes with you, like this One Pot Pasta Primavera or this Creamy One Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta, but this Easy 15-Minute Vegetarian Macaroni and Cheese takes the cake as my kids’ latest favourite!
Do you cook for a busy family?
Here are my BEST tips for putting healthy, wholesome meals on the table in minutes:
- Prepare ahead of time! – Chopping veggies or grating cheese can add a lot of time to the cooking process. Use a quiet weekend afternoon or Sunday evening to pre-chop veggies for the next few days’ meals so you’re ahead of the game!
- Fresh is best, but frozen is still good! – Of course, fresh produce is always best but if you’re really short on time using frozen veggies is a close second-best. They’re quick cooking, pre-washed, and often pre-cut!
- Try new things! – Products like Barilla Canada’s new Ready Pasta go a LONG way to making your dinner game go a whole lot faster without sacrificing your healthy eating goals. Who doesn’t love pasta that cooks in 1 minute??!? (But always read the nutrition labels! Not all quick cook products are created preservative-free like Barilla’s Ready Pasta!)
For more ways to build your family’s new favourite pasta dish with Barilla Canada, check out their recipe builders here.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Easy 15-Minute Vegetarian Macaroni and Cheese as much as our family does! Let me know in the comments below, what quick and easy recipe would YOU make with Barilla Ready Pasta? I’d love to know!
Don’t forget to visit barilla.ca for even more delicious pasta recipes!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for even more delicious quick and easy recipes? You’ll LOVE these:
Easy 15-Minute Vegetarian Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 cup low fat milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- a dash of Sriracha (for flavour, not heat!)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package Barilla Ready Pasta Cut Macaroni
- 2 cups chopped/shredded veggies (I use 1 1/2 cups chopped broccoli and 1/2 cup shredded carrots)
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Set your oven to preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and quickly grease 4 small baking dishes or ramekins with butter or cooking spray (crème brulee dishes work great!).
- Heat a small pot over medium heat and add the butter to melt.
- Add the flour and whisk together, continuing to whisk over the heat for one minute.
- Turn the heat to low and add the milk in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly so the mixture gets nice and thick and smooth.
- Add the salt and pepper and Sriracha, stirring until combined.
- Stir in the cheese until it melts into the smooth sauce. Turn off the heat and set the cheese sauce aside.
- Prepare the Barilla Ready Pasta according to the package directions (vent the package and cook for only one minute!).
- Stir the cooked Barilla Ready Pasta and the chopped veggies into the cheese sauce.
- Divide the macaroni and cheese evenly between the baking dishes.
- Stir the breadcrumbs and melted butter together in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the tops of the macaroni and cheese in the baking dishes.
- Bake for about 7-8 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.