This Easy Baked Feta Pasta is a simple vegetarian meal on the table in 30 minutes. Made with classic feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, garlic, and spinach.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
If you haven’t already seen a version of this viral Baked Feta Pasta floating around the internet then you must not spend much time online! This Easy Baked Feta Pasta recipe is my version of the easiest and most viral recipe of 2021 so far – it’s SO delicious, simple to make, and the flavours are incredible! Trust me, you’re going to love it!
Ingredients for Easy Baked Feta Pasta
To make this Baked Feta Recipe you’ll need:
- olive oil
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh garlic
- Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- pasta & pasta water
- fresh spinach
How to Make Viral Baked Feta Pasta
- Toss the cherry tomatoes in good quality olive oil. In recipes like this with minimal ingredients, choose high-quality oil, fresh and in-season produce, and high-quality cheese that will add extra flavour to the dish!
- Add whole fresh garlic and whole cherry tomatoes. Adding whole fresh garlic to the dish creates a delicious roasted garlic flavour! The whole garlic cloves fall apart in the sauce after roasting.
- Use real sheep’s feta cheese. Real feta cheese is made with Sheep’s milk, not cow’s milk. Choose real sheep’s feta for this recipe for the BEST flavour!
- Choose your favourite pasta. We love using small shell pasta for this dish, but penne, rigatoni, or fusili works well too!
- Save some pasta water. Adding some pasta water to this dish helps create the most velvety sauce!
- Add some spinach. Take the fresh flavour, colour, and health-factor of this dish to the next level with a few handfuls of fresh spinach!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Easy Baked Feta Pasta recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy weeknight meal? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend
Looking for more recipes like this? You’ll love these!
- Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Italian Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Paprika Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- Creamy One Pot Creamy Enchilada Pasta
- One Pot Pepperoni Pizza Pasta
- One Pan Turkey Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Easy Baked Feta Pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cherry or grape tomatoes whole
- 6 cloves garlic whole, peeled
- a few pinches each or salt and pepper
- 8 ounces feta cheese (approximately 220 grams)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 pound pasta small shells are our favourite
- 1/2 to 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the olive oil to a 9-inch by 13-inch (or similar size) baking dish, along with the cherry tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the feta cheese into the middle of the baking dish and drizzle the top with a little extra olive oil. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over everything and bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes, or until the tomatoes and feta are soft and begin to brown slightly.
- While the feta and tomatoes bake, boil a large pot of salted water (add about 2 teaspoons of salt to the water) and cook the pasta in the water according to the package directions to al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- When the feta and tomatoes are finished baking, break up the cheese and tomatoes with a spoon, making a creamy sauce. Add the hot pasta to the baking dish along with the fresh spinach. Add about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and toss everything together well.
- Add a little more pasta water if necessary, toss again, and serve.