This Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork is a super simple version of classic barbecue pulled pork – juicy and flavourful, made in the Instant Pot in 60 minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Pulled pork is one of our family’s favourite meals to enjoy during the warm months of the year, on fresh kaiser rolls with my Best Homemade Coleslaw. This Easy Instant Pot version is the perfect way to enjoy pulled pork all year long, and it can even be made as a simple weeknight meal for the whole family!
Why Make Pulled Pork in the Instant Pot?
It’s a great way to keep the pork nice and juicy and full of flavour without all the time that stove-top braising or slow cooking requires. We love this pulled pork with our family’s favourite Homemade Honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce, but you can choose whatever store-bought barbecue sauce your family likes best (Sweet Baby Ray’s is always a hit!).
How to Make Pulled Pork in the Instant Pot
It’s SO easy!
- Pat the pork shoulder dry with kitchen paper.
- Combine the dry rub ingredients.
- Rub the dry rub onto the pork.
- Heat up the instant pot on “Saute” mode and add the oil.
- Brown the pork shoulder (in pieces if necessary) on all sides.
- Add the Root Beer (or cola), Worcestershire sauce, and remaining liquid.
- Add and seal the lid, turning the valve to “Sealing”.
- Set to “Pressure Cook” for 60 minutes.
- Once it’s done, release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Remove the pork to a bowl and shred it, adding the barbecue sauce and some of the cooking liquid (if needed).
- Serve on buns with coleslaw!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy meal to make in the Instant Pot? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Like this recipe? You’ll LOVE these:
Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- 3 1/2 pound pork shoulder roast cut into 2-3 pieces
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 350 ml can Root Beer (or use a can of Coca Cola if you prefer the taste)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 cup water or chicken stock
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- rolls and coleslaw for serving
- Pat the pork shoulder dry with kitchen paper, making sure it's cut into at least 2 pieces (to help it fit into the Instant Pot better). Set the pork aside.
- Combine the dry rub ingredients in a bowl, making sure everything is well combined.
- Rub the dry rub onto the pork in an even layer, covering every side.
- Heat up the instant pot on "Saute" mode and add the oil. Brown the pieces of pork shoulder on all sides.
- Add all the pork pieces to the Instant Pot, add the Root Beer (or cola), Worcestershire sauce, and water (or stock).
- Add and seal the lid, turning the valve to "Sealing". Set to "Pressure Cook" for 60 minutes.
- When the Pressure Cook time is finished, carefully turn the release valve to "venting" using a long pair of tongs or another long kitchen tool so you don't burn your hand, arm or face. It's a good idea to do this under an exhaust fan in your kitchen, if you have one.
- Remove the pork to a bowl and shred it, adding the barbecue sauce (try my homemade Honey Garlic Barbecue Sauce) and some of the cooking liquid (if needed, to loosen it up). Discard the rest of the cooking liquid.
- Serve on buns with my Best Ever Creamy Coleslaw!