These Easy Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches are an easy weeknight meal that that the whole family will love! They feature a super easy 3-ingredient Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with an easy homemade coleslaw! This recipe is perfect for summer but it’s delicious all year round!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
It’s no secret that I am absolutely LOVING my slow cooker lately. I mean, after this Crock Pot Potato Bacon Leek Soup, this Healthier 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Hot Chocolate, and this amazing Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili that I’ve shared over the last few months you should have gotten the idea. As my kids get older and life gets busier I just keep going back to my Crock Pot for those dependable, easy weeknight meals that require minimal prep work so I can spend my time on all the other things on my to-do list.
I recently added these Easy Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches to our monthly meal plan because I made them once and my family just couldn’t get enough of them! Seriously, I’ve never seen my 2-year-old scarf down a meal as fast as she devoured one of these pulled pork sandwiches the first time I made them.
And honestly, if a meal is THIS easy to make AND my family loves them so much they’re all asking for seconds, it means it’s got to become a regular thing in our house. Because if you’re anything like me, there’s nothing quite like slaving over a delicious, home-cooked meal for your family and sitting down at the table only to discover that nobody’s enjoying it but you. Trust me…that’s not a good feeling.
These Easy Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches are SO simple to make: just throw 3 ingredients into the crock pot and toss with your favourite barbecue sauce before serving. Because we like to eat as healthily as possible in our family I make many of our sauces from scratch, especially the ones that are typically high in sugar. I often make a version of this healthy homemade barbecue sauce recipe and it’s just perfect for this recipe since you can adjust the sweetness or tartness to your family’s tastes by adding more or less honey or vinegar.
And the homemade coleslaw is just about as easy – it’s just shredded cabbage, red onion, and a shredded carrot with a super simple sweet 4-ingredient dressing that’s as healthy as it is easy to throw together. If you’ve been around here for any length of time you’ll know that salad dressings from a bottle just aren’t my thing. Truthfully, once I started making my own salad dressings I just never went back to the bottled stuff because homemade is just SO much tastier. And usually healthier too!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I really hope you enjoy this recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite slow cooker recipe lately? I’d love to know!
Kitchen tools I recommend:
Like this recipe? You’ll LOVE these:
- Easy Instant Pot Pulled Pork
- Best Ever Creamy Coleslaw
- One Pan Mexican Style Sloppy Joes
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup with White Beans
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili
- Butternut Squash Red Lentil Soup
- Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew
Easy Slow Cooker Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches
For the pulled pork:
- 2-3 pound pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup apple juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup healthy all natural barbecue sauce (use your favourite barbecue sauce or make your own - I've linked my favourite healthy homemade barbecue sauce recipe in the blog post above!)
For the coleslaw:
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1 medium green cabbage shredded
- 3 large carrots shredded
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
For the sandwiches
- 8-10 sandwich rolls
- condiments of your choice (mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup or barbecue sauce)
- Add the pork roast, apple juice and salt and pepper to the slow cooker on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- After the time has passed, shred the pork with two forks and add the barbecue sauce, turning the heat to low or the warm setting and replace the lid on the slow cooker for 15 minutes.
- Add the vinegar, mustard, mayonnaise and honey to a mason jar and shake very well until the dressing is smooth.
- Add the cabbage, carrots and red onions to a large bowl and pour the dressing over top, tossing well to coat.
- Assemble the sandwiches on the sandwich rolls with a serving of pulled pork, a serving of coleslaw and the condiments of your choice.