This Instant Pot Beef and Bean Chili is hearty and filling, and packed with lean ground beef and beans! Ready in 30 minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
When the weather gets cold I do two things right away: I break out my favourite warm socks – I’m in LOVE with these Smartwool socks (affiliate link) – AND I start making chili on the regular. This Instant Pot Beef and Bean Chili is SO hearty and delicious, and it’s perfect for those cool fall days or those cold winter nights. Serve it with some baked potatoes, over rice, or even just with tortilla chips and you’ve got an easy dinner that will warm anyone up from the inside out!
If you’ve been around here for any length of time you’ll know that there’s almost nothing I love more than an easy weeknight meal…except for an easy weeknight meal that’s totally customizable! Our kids love this Instant Pot Beef and Bean Chili with tortilla chips, sour cream and LOTS of cheese (of course!), and my husband enjoys it most over a baked potato or even a baked sweet potato!
How to make Beef and Bean Chili in the Instant Pot
Making chili in the Instant Pot is SO easy! First, saute the beef, adding the veggies and spices after a few minutes to soften. Then add the beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and beef stock. Seal the lid, pressure cook for 10 minutes as directed in the recipe below, manually release pressure, and serve. It’s so easy!
And not only is it easy, it’s also delicious! Making chili in the Instant Pot intensifies the flavours similarly to slow cooking, so a chili that takes 3 hours on the stove to develop all those delicious flavours takes 30 minutes or less in the Instant Pot!
Looking for more delicious winter soup recipes? You’ll LOVE this Crock Pot Creamy Potato Bacon Leek Soup or my super popular Crock Pot White Bean French Onion Soup.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this chili recipe as much as our family does! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite comfort food recipe for fall and winter? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Looking for more delicious and healthy soups like this? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Dairy Free Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup
- Crock Pot White Bean French Onion Soup
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Easy Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili
- Butternut Squash Red Lentil Soup
- Rustic Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew
- 25 Comforting Winter Soup Recipes in one post!
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup with White Beans
Instant Pot Beef and Bean Chili
- Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 4 medium carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans beans in tomato sauce (15 ounce cans)
- 2 cans kidney beans drained and rinsed (15 ounce cans)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (15 ounce can)
- 2 cups tomato puree (tomato passata)
- 1 1/2 cup beef stock
- Start the Instant Pot on "Saute" mode and let it heat up. Wait until the screen says "Hot" and then add the olive oil and the beef.
- Brown the beef for about 5 minutes, adding the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, bell pepper, spices, and salt.
- Continue sauteing for a few minutes more, just until the veggies begin to soften.
- Add the beans, canned tomatoes, tomato puree, and beef stock and stir everything together well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the lid. Place the release valve on "sealing".
- Cook for 10 minutes on "Pressure Cook".
- When the Pressure Cook time is finished, carefully turn the release valve to "venting" using a long pair of tongs or another long kitchen tool so you don't burn your hand, arm or face. It's a good idea to do this under an exhaust fan in your kitchen, if you have one.
- When the pressure has released, open the lid and serve in bowls with a dollop of sour cream, some cheese, and some fresh parsley or chives.