This Easy Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup is a simple, 2-step recipe that’s packed with freshly roasted seasonal vegetables! It’s filling, healthy, family-friendly, and can be made from scratch in less than one hour!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I’ve you’ve been around here for awhile you’ll know all about my love affair with the Farmer’s Market. Our local market hits its peak in the fall season and it’s just overflowing with all kinds of fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables that I just can’t resist. Living in Romania means we eat seasonally out of necessity – out of season fruits and vegetables just aren’t really available until they’re in season here, and so soups like this Easy Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup are a staple in our diet for fall and winter.
This Easy Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup could not be easier to make – simply roast the vegetables on two sheet pans with a touch of olive oil, salt and pepper, until they’re nice and caramelized (this is where that delicious roasted flavour comes in!!). Add them to a pot with your favourite vegetable or chicken stock to simmer and you’re basically done! It’s SO easy!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
We love to enjoy this Easy Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup on cool days with a dollop of coconut yogurt and some fresh herbs on top. It’s super filling and it eats like a meal, and it’s also a great way to get in all those servings of veggies we should all be eating every day. And the best part? It’s totally kid-friendly too!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this Easy Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite way to enjoy fresh Farmer’s Market vegetables? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Like this recipe? You’ll LOVE these:
LOOKING FOR MORE HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES WITH EASY COOKING TIPS?
GET MY HEALTHY WHOLE-FOOD RECIPES E-COOKBOOK!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Easy Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup
- 1 eggplant, cut in half and remove stem
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2 red bell peppers, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 large tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 5 large carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (or half and half, if you prefer)
- your favourite dairy-free or dairy yogurt and fresh herbs for serving
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line to large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the eggplant, cauliflower, onions, peppers, garlic, tomatoes, zucchini, and carrots to the baking sheets, making sure they're in a single layer.
- Drizzle the olive oil over top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35-40 minutes, or until the carrots are tender when pierced with a fork and the vegetables are beginning to brown slightly.
- Add all the roasted vegetables and their juices to a large pot over medium heat and add the stock.
- Allow the mixture to come to a low boil and reduce the heat until the mixture begins to simmer.
- Simmer for about 10-15 minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Add the coconut milk (or half and half) and puree until smooth.
- Serve with a dollop of your favourite yogurt and some fresh herbs for garnish.