This Best Ever Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup is the best carrot soup that’s warm, hearty, and packed with spicy ginger and creamy coconut. It’s healthy, made with only a few simple ingredients, and it’s so easy to make!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
*I originally shared this recipe in February 2015. I’m re-posting it today with some updated photos!
This Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup is one of our family’s absolute favourite recipes of all time. We make it all year round and my kids gobble it up and practically lick their bowls out. If that’s not a reason to call this soup the “Best Ever” Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup, I don’t know what is!!
This Carrot Ginger Soup is kind of a “non-recipe” I developed myself and I’ve been making for years. I’ve written down some basic measurements in the recipe below for you, but when I make this soup at home I rarely measure anything. It is so, so easy, so tasty and so healthy! The method and ingredients are simple, and the best part is that even my husband can enjoy this soup with us because it’s dairy-free!
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as our family does! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite easy soup recipe to make at home?
Looking for even more easy soup recipes? Before you grab the recipe for this Best Ever Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe below, check out these delicious soup recipes!
This Crock Pot White Bean French Onion Soup recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my site with TONS of rave reviews from readers!!
Looking for a super healthy and easy soup for the new year? This 3-Ingredient Broccoli Soup is the easiest soup you’ll ever make!!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Best Ever Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup
- 20-25 small carrots, peeled and roughly chopped (10-15 large carrots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh or frozen ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream, or half and half for a non vegan option)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt for garnish
- Put a large pot over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Throw the carrots, onions and garlic into the pot and let them cook a bit, just until the onions start to become a little soft.
- Grate some ginger over the pot as the vegetables are heating up and stir that in too.
- Once the mixture starts to become fragrant (you'll smell that ginger as it heats up), add a few pinches of salt and pepper and pour in enough stock to almost cover the vegetables (should be between 4 and 5 cups of stock).
- Let this cook over medium-low heat until you can poke a fork in one of the carrot pieces and it falls apart.
- Remove it from the heat and puree while it's hot. This will help give you a nice smooth texture. Using an immersion blender is the easiest method, as you can leave the soup in the pot. If you'd rather use a regular blender you'll probably have to puree in batches.
- Once the soup is pureed and you can't see any more chunks, add the can of coconut milk (or milk/cream of your choice).
- Using the immersion blender again, blend the coconut milk into the soup. Using the blender again at this stage helps the texture to become very velvety. Add more salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream, Greek yogurt, coconut yogurt or a swirl of cream (or coconut cream), and a sprinkle of chopped parsley (if you wish).