This Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup is warm, hearty, and flavoured with spicy ginger and creamy coconut. It’s healthy, made with only a few ingredients, and it’s so easy to make!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
There’s almost nothing better than a good veggie-packed soup in the fall, and this Instant Pot Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup is one of our family’s favourite soups! We’ve got a garden full of carrots right now (more than we know what to do with!) and you know I’ll be making batch after batch of this delicious soup!! I know you’re going to LOVE it too!
My original Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup recipe is a reader favourite so I knew I had to make an Instant Pot version for all my readers who enjoy using their Instant Pot. This time of year when the kids are back to school and life gets busy again, I love using my Instant Pot to get a quick and easy lunch or dinner on the table for my hungry people and this soup never disappoints.
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
How to make Carrot Ginger Soup in the Instant Pot
Making homemade blended soups in the Instant Pot is SO easy! Just throw in all the ingredients (saute the onions, garlic, & ginger first, if you want), seal the lid, pressure cook for 12-15 minutes as directed in the recipe below, manually release pressure, add the coconut milk, and puree. It’s really that simple!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this delicious soup as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite fall soup recipe? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Like this recipe? You’ll LOVE these:
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel.
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Instant Pot Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 20-25 small carrots chopped (about 8 cups chopped carrots)
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (use light coconut milk, if desired)
- extra coconut milk and fresh chives for serving optional
- Start the Instant Pot on "Saute" mode and let it heat up. Wait until the screen says "Hot" and then add the olive oil, onion, garlic, ginger, pepper and salt.
- Saute for about 4-5 minutes, until the onions are soft and become translucent. Alternatively, you can skip the saute step to save time and simply add all the ingredients together.
- Add the carrots and stir everything together well.
- Add the vegetable stock.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the lid. Place the release valve on "sealing".
- Cook for 12 minutes on "Pressure Cook".
- When the Pressure Cook time is finished, carefully turn the release valve to "venting" using a long pair of tongs or another long kitchen tool so you don't burn your hand, arm or face. It's a good idea to do this under an exhaust fan in your kitchen, if you have one.
- When the pressure has released, open the lid, add the coconut milk and blend with an immersion blender.
- Serve while hot with a drizzle of extra coconut milk and some fresh chives (optional).