This Instant Pot Vegan Chili is hearty, filling, and packed with plant-based protein and veggies! Easy to make and ready in 25 minutes!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Chili is one of our favourite winter comfort foods cooked low and slow on the stovetop or in the slow cooker. Thanks to the Instant Pot our family enjoys our favourite vegan chili all year around!
This Instant Pot Vegan Chili is ultra hearty and filling, and it’s the perfect plant-based meal!
Ingredients for Instant Pot Vegan Chili
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- chili powder
- smoked paprika
- onion powder
- canned beans in tomato sauce
- canned diced tomatoes
- canned white beans
- canned kidney beans
- vegetable stock
How to make Vegan in the Instant Pot
Making chili in the Instant Pot is SO easy! First, saute the veggies and spices after a few minutes to soften. Then add the beans, tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Seal the lid, pressure cook for 10 minutes as directed in the recipe below, manually release pressure, and serve. It’s so easy! And not only is it easy, it’s also delicious! Making chili in the Instant Pot intensifies the flavours similarly to slow cooking, so a chili that takes 3 hours on the stove to develop all those delicious flavours takes 25 minutes or less in the Instant Pot!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this chili recipe as much as our family does! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite comfort food recipe for fall and winter? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Looking for more delicious and healthy soups like this? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Dairy Free Creamy Carrot Ginger Soup
- Crock Pot White Bean French Onion Soup
- Slow Cooker Minestrone Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- Easy Healthy Roasted Vegetable Soup
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili
- Butternut Squash Red Lentil Soup
- Rustic Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew
- 25 Comforting Winter Soup Recipes in one post!
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup with White Beans
Instant Pot Vegan Chili
- 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans beans in tomato sauce (15 ounce cans)
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed (15 ounce cans)
- 1 can white beans (15 ounce can)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (15 ounce can)
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Start the Instant Pot on "Saute" mode and let it heat up. Wait until the screen says "Hot" and then add the olive oil, onion, garlic, carrots and celery.
- Saute the veggies for about 5 minutes, adding the spices, salt and pepper.
- Continue sauteing for a few minutes more, just until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the canned beans, canned tomatoes, and vegetable stock and stir everything together well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and seal the lid. Place the release valve on "sealing".
- Cook for 8 minutes on "Pressure Cook".
- When the Pressure Cook time is finished, carefully turn the release valve to "venting" using a long pair of tongs or another long kitchen tool so you don't burn your hand, arm or face. It's a good idea to do this under an exhaust fan in your kitchen, if you have one.
- When the pressure has released, open the lid and serve in bowls with some freshly chopped herbs (optional).