This Instant Pot Chicken Stock is the perfect quick and easy homemade chicken stock recipe that’s healthy and flavourful! Use it in all your favourite soups and stews – perfect for cold and flu season!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Making homemade chicken stock is one of my favourite ways to save money. It’s also a delicious way to make homemade soups and stews, so every single time I roast a chicken I save the chicken bones for making my favourite homemade stock on the stovetop or in my slow cooker. But ever since I got my Instant Pot I’ve been making this Instant Pot Chicken Stock and, I’ll be honest, I like it EVEN BETTER than my stovetop and slow cooker stock recipe!
It’s SO easy to make in about one hour, so no babysitting this stock all day while the flavours develop. It takes just about one hour to make this stock, and let me tell you – it is amazing!!
What’s the difference between chicken stock and chicken broth?
Stock and broth are very similar, but with one main difference: Stock is made from boiling the bones of the chicken after they’ve been roasted and broth is made from boiling the meat of the chicken. Both are delicious and work well in many recipes, although I prefer making stock since you’re able to develop a lot more flavour and colour, which results in a better-tasting homemade soup! If you’re not using previously roasted chicken bones for this recipe (it’s ok if there’s a little meat left on them!), be sure to roast the meat and bones first to get that gorgeous amber colour in your homemade stock!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite soup recipe to make at home? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Tools I Recommend:
Looking for more delicious soup recipes? You’ll LOVE these!!
- Crock Pot French Onion Soup with White Beans
- Easy Crock Pot Vegetarian Chili
- Butternut Squash Red Lentil Soup
- Rustic Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Best Ever One Pot Beef Stew
- Best Ever Slow Cooker Beef Ragu
- Homemade Hungarian Goulash Soup
Instant Pot Chicken Stock
- Instant Pot
- Storage containers or jars
- 1 chicken carcas (the size of a rotisserie chicken)
- 3 carrots roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery roughly chopped
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 slices lemon
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- a dash of Worcestershire sauce
- a couple pinches each of salt and pepper
- a handful of fresh parsley (or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 10 cups water
- Add the chicken carcass to the Instant Pot, along with the carrots, celery, onions, garlic, lemon slices, wine, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper, parsley and water.
- Stir everything together well.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and move it into the locked position, setting the valve to seal.
- Set the Instant Pot to cook on high pressure for 50 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooking time is finished, move the valve to vent (use a long spoon or another long-handled kitchen tool to do this to prevent burning yourself, and place your Instant Pot under your kitchen hood fan while it releases pressure).
- Allow the pressure to release fully and remove the lid.
- Strain the stock to remove all the bones and vegetables.
- Use the stock in your favourite soup recipes, or store it in the fridge or freezer.