These Marinated Tofu Veggie Skewers are the perfect vegan main dish for summer! Tofu in a simple savoury marinade with fresh veggies – a healthy choice for summer entertaining!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I don’t know about where you live but right now we’re in the height of summer and loving it! Summer is all about fresh food and grilling, and these Marinated Tofu Veggie Skewers are one of our favourite things to make on a hot summer evening! They’re light and fresh, they’re plant-based, and they’re so easy to make.
Skewers or kabobs are so great for the grill in the summertime because they can be prepped ahead of time, and they’re also so easy to customize to your family’s tastes. We love including garden-fresh zucchini, peppers, mushrooms and red onions for colour, but you could also use cherry tomatoes, eggplant, sweet potatoes, or even pieces of corn on the cob!
Adding some marinated tofu gives these skewers a bit of protein and makes them great for your vegetarian or vegan friends of family members. This marinade recipe is very easy to throw together with only a few ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen, and it gives the tofu the perfect flavour!
How to Make Marinated Tofu Veggie Skewers
- Drain and cut the tofu into square chunks about 1.5 inches in size.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a container and add the tofu pieces. Let them marinate for about an hour (or overnight).
- Soak your wooden skewers in water for 10 minutes before using (so they don’t catch fire!)
- Slice your veggies and slide them onto the skewers with the tofu.
- Grill to perfection in minutes (or use a hot skillet on the stove).
LOOKING FOR MORE KID-APPROVED MEALS?
Get my 1-Week Kid-Friendly Meal Plan for busy families!
Looking for some delicious summer salads? You’ll love this Strawberry Spinach Salad with Lemon Poppyseed Vinaigrette Dressing and this Easy Classic Taco Salad!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you enjoy this delicious recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy dish for summer? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend
Looking for more delicious summer side dishes? You’ll love these! Easy Classic Macaroni Salad Easy Classic Pasta Salad Best Ever Taco Salad Crispy BBQ Roasted Potato Wedges Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette Bruschetta Chicken Arugula Salad Honey Lime Fruit Salad
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- 16 ounces firm or extra firm tofu (or pressed tofu)
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or your favourite hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or use brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1.5-inch chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into 1.5-inch chunks
- 1 medium zucchini cut into 1.5-inch chunks
- 1 medium red onion cut into 1.5-inch chunks
- 16 small mushrooms
- Drain the tofu and cut it into 1.5-inch square chunks. Set aside.
- Combine the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, sriracha, rice vinegar, sesame oil, maple syrup, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl or container and whisk them together.
- Add the chunks of tofu, cover and refrigerate for about an hour or more.
- Soak your wooden skewers for about 10 minutes before assembling so they don't catch fire when cooking.
- Assemble the skewers by sliding the veggies and tofu chunks onto the skewers, alternating the veggies and tofu.
- Grill on an outdoor grill over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side, or cook indoors on a hot skillet.
- Brush with some leftover marinade while grilling.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.