This Quick and Easy Pasta al Limone is a simple restaurant-quality weeknight meal with bright, simple flavours. Made with fresh lemons, butter and Parmesan cheese.
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
Hi friends! I’m pretty excited to be sharing this recipe with you today! This Quick and Easy Pasta al Limone is one for the books. It’s ultra decadent, creamy and delicious, and it’s the perfect restaurant-quality meal you can make at home in minutes!
There’s something so special about simple ingredients coming together to form a masterpiece, and this Quick and Easy Pasta al Limone is exactly that! Choosing high-quality ingredients like fresh parmesan, fresh organic lemons, good-quality butter and pasta will make such a difference in this recipe, and you won’t be sorry!
What is Pasta al Limone?
Pasta al Limone is a classic simple summer pasta dish that’s made with long, flat noodles (like pappardelle, linguine, or tagliatelle). The creamy sauce is created by combining butter, lemon zest and juice, and starchy pasta water, along with generous amounts of salt, freshly cracked pepper, and Parmesan cheese for lots of flavour. Pasta al Limone is a restaurant-quality and gourmet-style meal that is easy to make at home in about 15 minutes on the stovetop!
LOOKING FOR MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT MEAL IDEAS?
Get my Quick and Easy 4-Week Meal Plan Guide!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this pasta recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite restaurant-style meal to make at home? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
Looking for even more pasta recipes? You’ll LOVE these:
- Easy One Pot Italian Sausage Pasta
- Easy 20-Minute Tomato Asparagus Carbonara Pasta
- Easy One Pot Pasta Primavera
- Easy 15-Minute Pasta Carbonara
- Creamy One Pot Butternut Squash Pasta
- Creamy Enchilada One Pot Pasta
- Creamy Mushroom Champagne Pasta
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Watch the video below to see exactly how I make this recipe. You can find more delicious recipe videos on my YouTube channel
Quick and Easy Pasta al Limone
For the pasta:
- 8 cups water
- 5 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 pound Tagliatelle noodles dry
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic finely minced or pressed
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of one lemon
- 1 cup pasta water reserved from cooking the Tagliatelle
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese (use fresh Parmesan only, not the shelf-stable variety)
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- freshly chopped parsley and shaved Parmesan for serving
- extra lemon zest for serving
- Add the water to a large pot along with the salt. When it reaches a boil, add the pasta and cook just under al dente (follow package directions for al dente and minus one minute).
- As the pasta cooks, heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil, garlic and lemon zest, sauteeing until the garlic is fragrant and heated through.
- Add the lemon juice and pasta water (dip a measuring cup into the pot once the pasta is almost done), whisking constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add the cubes of butter one by one as you whisk continuously.
- Once all the butter has been added and the sauce has emulsified, add the boiled pasta and toss it in the sauce gently until it's coated in the sauce.
- Add the parmesan cheese and toss again.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkle of freshly cracked black pepper, some more shaved parmesan, lemon zest and chopped parsley, if desired.