This Roasted Beet Hummus is a delicious and healthy snack made with whole roasted beets, chickpeas, and garlic! Protein packed and topped with feta & chopped pistachios!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
In our house we love a good hummus recipe! It makes the perfect healthy snack for the kids, and it’s great as an appetizer or to add to sandwiches and wraps. This Roasted Beet Hummus is one of our family’s favourite lunch recipes, served with veggies and baguette slices or pita chips, and I know you’re going to love it too! Homemade hummus is, hands down, my favourite way to use chickpeas and it’s also a great way to get creative with other vegetables and spices like roasted red peppers, turmeric, and beets! I’ve already shared all different kinds of hummus with you here on The Busy Baker, including my Garlic Parmesan White Bean Hummus, Roasted Garlic Hummus, and even my Red Lentil Curry Hummus. This Roasted Beet Hummus is just another one of our favourite ways to enjoy hummus!
How to make Roasted Beet Hummus
This Hummus recipe is so easy to make. Just follow these steps:
- Roast the beets until they’re soft.
- Puree the beets in your food processor until smooth.
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas (it’s easiest to use the canned variety).
- Add the chickpeas to your food processor, along with all the other hummus ingredients.
- Process on high speed while you drizzle in the olive oil until smooth.
- Serve with your favourite pita chips, pretzels or veggies for dipping!
LOOKING FOR MORE DELICIOUS VEGETARIAN MEAL IDEAS?
Get my 1-week Vegetarian Meal Plan E-Cookbook!
Looking for more healthy recipes? CLICK HERE for a list of all my favourites!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this hummus recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your favourite healthy snack or appetizer? I’d love to know!
Kitchen Products I recommend:
Looking for even more delicious recipes ? Check out these!
- Easy 3-Ingredient Chia Seed Jam
- Creamy Bruschetta Bites
- Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Mushrooms
- Mexican Taco Dip Wonton Cups
- Easy One Pan French Onion Stuffed Chicken
- Crunchy Ranch Roasted Chickpeas
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Healthy Whole-Food Recipes with Easy Cooking Tips
Get my healthy whole-food recipes e-cookbook!
If you made this, share a photo!
Are you trying this recipe? Use the comment form below to share your take; now with support for image uploads and comment voting!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a small baking dish by greasing it with olive oil.
- Place the beets in the baking dish, washed well and skins still on, removing the stems and roots. Roast the beets at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes or until fork tender.
- Let the beets cool almost completely to room temperature before removing their skins with a paring knife.
- Add the beets to your food processor and puree on high speed until smooth.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, and salt to the food processor, blending on medium speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle the olive oil into the food processor as it runs, and after the olive oil drizzle in the water slowly. The mixture will become very smooth and creamy-looking.
- Taste, and season with a little more salt, if desired.
- Pour into a bowl and top with some crumbled feta, chopped pistachios, and crunchy roasted chickpeas (if desired).
- Serve with multigrain baguette slices, crackers, tortilla chips, or veggies for dipping.
Notice: Nutrition is auto-calculated, using Spoonacular, for your convenience. Where relevant, we recommend using your own nutrition calculations.