These Stuffed Sausages are packed with 2 kinds of cheese, flavourful spices, and topped with marinara sauce for the perfect low carb main dish!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I’m always looking for new low carb recipes that are tasty, easy to make, and good for meal prep and my busy lifestyle. These Stuffed Sausages are one of my favourite easy main dishes to make during busy weeks, and I know you’re going to love them too!
The great thing about dishes like these Stuffed Sausages is that they’re so easy too customize – feel free to use your favourite kind of cheese, and even your favourite variety of sausage! Depending on your tolerance for spicy food, feel free to choose a hot and spicy sausage or a mild one, or choose a pork sausage or even your favourite chicken or turkey sausage if you’re looking for something a little leaner.
Ingredients for Stuffed Sausages:
- Mild Italian sausages
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Fresh basil or parsley for serving (optional)
How to Make Stuffed Sausages
- Slice the sausages. Slice each sausage from end to end, leaving the ends intact to prevent the sausages from falling completely open.
- Mix the cheese and spices. Toss the mozzarella and parmesan together with the Italian seasoning.
- Line the pan with marinara. Add half the marinara sauce to the bottom of the baking pan.
- Stuff the sausages. Stuff the cheese mixture into the sausages, leaving some for topping.
- Top with marinara. Drizzle the rest of the marinara over the stuffed sausages.
- Top with cheese. Add the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake to perfection, until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Looking for more low carb recipes? Try these Pizza Stuffed Zucchini Boats or this Best Ever Meat Sauce over zucchini noodles!
NEVER MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME ON:
I hope you love this low carb recipe as much as we do! Let me know in the comments below, what’s your go-to low carb main dish? I’d love to know!
Looking for more recipes like this? You’ll love these:
- Berry Walnut Spinach Salad with Maple Vinaigrette
- Rainbow Vegetable Pasta Salad with Creamy Italian Herb Dressing
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Thai Chicken Spiralized Zucchini Salad
- Asian Cabbage Salad with Ginger Peanut Dressing
- Greek Couscous Salad Lunch Bowls
Kitchen Products I Recommend:
- 8 mild Italian sausages
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce divided
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish by spraying it with cooking spray.
- Place the sausages on a cutting board and slice the sausages from end to end, leaving the ends intact so the sausages don't fall open completely.
- Mix together the shredded cheeses and Italian seasoning until combined. Stuff about 2/3 of the cheese mixture into the sausages, reserving the rest for topping.
- Ladle half the marinara sauce into the bottom of the baking dish and nestle the stuffed sausages into the sauce.
- Top the stuffed sausages with the remainder of the marinara sauce and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-25 minutes, or until the sausages are cooked through and the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Serve while hot with some fresh chopped basil or parsley (optional).